US$159
US$243
Hotels.com
US$246
  • Pool
Pacific Hotel Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$148
US$133
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$225
  • Pool
BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$154
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$170
US$111
US$82
  • Pool
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$740
Cancelon
2,480 results
All reviewsthe executive loungespa roomtrinity inletthe great barrier reefwater viewbuffet breakfasttour deskan upgradeport douglasreef terminalfantastic locationmondogemmabalconyesplanadecasinoconcierge
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Was a little apprehensive after walking into lobby. Nice bit thought may a a little dated. I was very pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. Stunning Harbour view and modern and clean. Do not like the fact that I am a Hilton honors member and I don't get free wifi. It is $9.95 per day! I was not at all impressed with that. We just left Parkroyal Darling Harbour with free unlimited internet. For price of these rooms that should've ashamed charging $10 a day for in room wifi. Restaurant is good. Location is nice.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with Hilton Cairns.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your room and marina views from your balcony. We have a little slice of paradise here in Cairns and I'm glad that you go to experience this.

I am sorry to read that you did not receive free Wi-Fi during your stay. Booking through our direct channels enables us to anticipate your arrival and deliver the best experience possible, including our best price, backed by a guarantee; HHonors Points and Stay Credit; on-property benefits; ‘Digital Check-In’ and Choose Your Room, and of course, complimentary Wi-Fi.

I do look forward to having you stay with us again!

John Lucas - General Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

It is not a 5 star hotel this what was in too rooms black mould they changed rooms but the next room had mould as well the money you pay for the rooms is not worth it not happy they was so well they got cleaners to clean the bathroom but still not up to standards rooms should not be given to people who paid good money for rooms should not have to put up with it

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborahstewart1960

Dear Deborah,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologise that you were not satisfied with your room on this occasion. Please rest assured our team take every effort to ensure the rooms are presented well and I do apologise that this wasn’t the level you expected. I will forward your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper for further investigation.

I do hope you will allow me the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future for a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Like every hotel in Cairns this hotel is on the old side but what it lacks in modern rooms the people who work here certainly make up for it. From the nice man who quickly grabbed our luggage out of our taxi, to the kind and helpful front desk, the restaurant employees, Erica at the tour desk to the woman who brought us a hairdryer to our room in under 10 minutes. All genuinely caring and extremely friendly. We had a deluxe king with balcony on the water (facing east) and though old decor it's comfortable with a safe, mini fridge, bathrobes, comfortable bed (but on the soft side), nice TV with good amount of channels and we had free Wi-Fi because we are honors members and we booked through Hilton's website (you MUST book directly on their website to get free WiFi). The hotel lobby is pleasant and modern with comfortable sofas and lovely views. There is a lobby bar but I never saw it open. The Hilton is a very quiet peaceful location at the end of the esplanade which is lovely but hard to get food other than hotel restaurants (2 restaurants plus a breakfast cafe open 6AM to 10:30AM) so make sure you check out the hotels menus to make sure you like what's on it. We like to bring sandwiches , bottled water and snacks up to our room after a long day and found this impossible because there is no onsite store to get this and to walk to the city center just to get these items was far.
Tip if you arrive in the hot summer months DON'T get a room facing the water (facing east) because you could actually feel the heat 5 feet from the window and the air conditioner couldn't handle it making our room warm and we were unable to open the drapes from sunrise to sunset but if you find it irresistible to get the waterfront room you will be able to see and hear the spectacular sounds and sights of parrots every night around 7pm. Another Tip: Book your tours through Erica at the hotel's tour desk. She is wonderful and very patient and will pick the right tour for you.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Lisa

Thank you so much for your extensive review.

It’s great to read that you enjoyed your visit to Cairns – with a particular emphasis on the hotel’s great location and our helpful friendly team.

As our guest, your feedback about your experience is vitally important to our business.
Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

We arrived a little early but please to be advised our room was ready. We also got an upgrade which was a lovely surprise. Great location and friendly staff. Pool was beautiful. Breakfast was great especially loved the make your own pancakes station!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Brylee,

Thank you for sharing your kind words on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, in particular the staff, pool and breakfast at Café Sunrise. We have a wide selection on offer at our breakfast buffet and the make your own pancakes is certainly a feature!

Again, thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

John Lucas - General Manager

Reviewed 11 January 2016

The room views are stunning and you can't beat the location....just steps from the wharf where all of the boat excursions leave/return. The property is a bit "tired" and could use a remodel/upgrade, but the room was clean, nicely furnished and spacious. There were some messy guests on our floor, leaving trash and towels on hallway tables. This is, of course, not the hotel's fault, but I was surprised how long it took to clear these.....I would have thought housekeeping would do frequent walk arounds to check on clutter, but it took more than 12 hours for some items to be cleared. Not a reason not to stay here, but added to my impression that the property is "tired". There are two restaurants, one casual and one more dressy, and both were good. There are also lots of other restaurants within walking distance. A note about booking.......we usually book through Hilton, but this one was available on Expedia for half the price. You don't get Hilton points and free-wifi, but for the price difference, we paid you can pay for the wifi. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, however, I am very sorry that you were not fully satisfied with the level of housekeeping during your stay. Your feedback is valuable to us as it is used as a tool to maintain and improve upon our standards.

Thank you again for your time and we hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.