We recently had some business to attend to in Cairns and chose the Holiday Inn on the Esplanade. It is a quieter location with lovely views of Trinity Inlet from the ocean view wing. Our Executive room was on the 7th floor, and extremely spacious as I believe it was part of a family suite with adjoining rooms. The patio was large with table and chairs plus two sun loungers. As it was pretty humid we did not spend too much time outdoors although my partner enjoyed lovely walks along the Esplanade into Cairns and back. The Esplanade is so well cared for, lovely trees and excellent pathways and boardwalk. A great mixture of people from families to ardent exercise folk. The Holiday used to be the Mercure and was formerly located at the site which now houses the Doubletree Hotel. It is an older building and a bit tired in parts but it looked like restoration was taking place. Just little things like the soiled carpet outside of the tiny lifts. We had a room service dinner, the food quality was excellent, my feeling is that $5.00 per tray is a bit steep, but as I said the quality of the food was great. We did not have breakfast, the Buffet was too expensive, we are not cheap,
but there is better value elsewhere.
Staff were attentive, friendly and did their job well, we would recommend this hotel as it
is a lovely location and there is a bit of a (flat) walk to the city centre but Holiday Inn provides a shuttle...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside! Formerly known as Mercure Cairns Harbourside, located on The Esplanade and overlooking beautiful Trinity Bay, Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside is a popular retreat for both holidaymakers and business guests. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens and boasting breathtaking ocean and hinterland views, the Holiday Inn Cairns offers 173 stylishly appointed rooms, each with its own private balcony. Guests can also enjoy a range of hotel amenities and services, including Teshi's Restaurant, Blue Mango Café Wine Bar, swimming pool and spa, 24-hour room service, 24-hour business centre, free CBD shuttle, and more. Just a short stroll into town along The Esplanade and less than 10 minutes drive from Cairns Airport, the Holiday Inn Cairns is the perfect place for you to relax and unwind in tropical North Queensland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Cairns Harbourside Hotel Cairns
- Accor Cairns Harbourside
- Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside Queensland