The hotel rooms are not as clean as you would expect from a hotel with such a good reputation - there were mould stains in the shower and the toilet looked a tad grubby. The rooms are a long walk from any exit. However, the bed was very comfortable and the pool (& bar) were reasonable. Had some difficulty with our names not being written on the list for breakfast which we thought had been cleared up on the first morning, however the same thing occurred the following day - not so nice being accused of not paying for breakfast even though it was billed upon reservation. I would stay here again as it is reasonable priced particularly if you have a marina view - that room was lovely and I definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of Cairns, the Shangri-La Hotel overlooks Marlin Marina, Trinity Bay and the lush green mountains of Cairns.The hotel is just ten minutes' drive from Cairns International Airport, and a short stroll to the Esplanade Lagoon and Cairns' premier dining precinct. The hotel offers airy, modern accommodations with elegant furniture and spectacular views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts and Agoda so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns Queensland