All reviews bedroom apartment these apartments cairns hospital self contained first floor convenience store location is great esplanade playground
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

For the money you pay, these holiday apartments are good value, clean and tidy and above all secure. We spend a lot of time out exploring our surroundings, so we only need to have a place to cook our meals, shower and sleep. These apartments are ideal close to shops, eateries, a hop skip and jump to cairns central, even a hospital across the road. Don't expect much from the management though, although I wouldn't class them as rude, I would see them more as just lacking a personality and with no enthusiasm.
All up if you plan to be out checking what cairns and surrounds have to offer, and not worried about being picky about trivial little things then this is the place to stay

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lea196
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Forget the pretty photos, these apartments are run down and neglected.
Old, unreliable air conditioning. A stove out of the Ark. few pots or pans, little cutlery and chipped and old ceramics. Safe doesn't work and dirt in all the in-accessible corners. Wifi needs you to go downstairs to the pool arera.
I guess these are strata title and depend on the willingness of owners to maintain and update but management bears responsibility for charging top rates for a very run down unit.
I'm told there are good units in this complex so make sure you inspect before you sign in.
Good location and the Cock & Bull round the corner does a fantastic meal.

Room Tip: Don't accept unit 9
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank oldtony77
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom apartment here for 5 nights, the manager Bob was pleasant and helpful. The apartment was spacious and clean, the beds comfortable and we had a kitchen and laundry. It was quiet and had a lovely pool area, its about a 15 min walk into the city centre. Its not really fancy, but I think its a gem of a place and have no complaints.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NewcastleDaiseygirl
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Came into the reception to enquire about a room for this weekend. Online it told me that there were rooms available for what I was looking for and I was in the area so I went in. When I got to reception there was nobody there so I had to call a number to see someone. When someone finally attended to us we asked for a room for this weekend. The man asked how old I was ( I am 18) and asked for ID. I gave him a valid Queensland drivers license which clearly stated my name, photo and date of birth. He spent about 3 minutes trying to figure out if I were actually 18. After 5 minutes of messing around he said "no I don't think I'll take you". I asked why, seeing as I was 18 and just wanted a room for 1 night and was happy to pay upfront. He then seemed very angry at us and asked how many people were staying and I said 5, he glanced at his computer and said "sorry no rooms".

Can not believe the service we had received as we were very interested in staying here but after the impression we got I don't think I will ever want to stay there.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank georgiawood98
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Arrived early and was able to get into our room,no aircon on and hadnt read manuel to turn on 3 switches to get a very old noisy ac working.Went down to ask for help manager resentedly came up and got it working but was very sarcastic.Asked help with suggestion for lunch got told plenty of eaterys but he didnt get out much.Great!!Aircon old and noisy,spend some money get new.Bathroom had a broken soap dish in shower cut my arm.Room comfortable but tired.couldnt sleep in top bedroom to hot as ac noisy left off.We slept on single bed down stairs really uncomfortable. Tried to vaccum but didnt work.Not a place Id recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple