Cannon Park Motel
US$163
US$157
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Coral Tree Inn(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$116
US$101
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$96
Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$81
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$70
All reviewstom and lynfriendly hostsmain roadbed was comfortableclean roomsfree wififridgetowelsesplanade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I absolutely loved my stay here. Tom & Lyn welcomed us as one of the family and couldn't do enough for us, booking tours and making sure we had everything we needed.
Our rooms were immaculately clean, beds very comfy, and the meals fantastic. Thoroughly made use of the pool and restaurant areas....
We were there for a family reunion which was made even more memorable by the attention of our beautiful hosts Tom and Lyn.. I cannot recommend The Cannon Park Motel owners and staff highly enough.
Thank you Tom and Lyn for making our family reunion one we will never forget.
I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
G7202JXinfo, Owner at Cannon Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you Linda, it was our absolute pleasure, what a wonderful family you have, we look forward to you returning.
Kind Regards
Tom & Lyn

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We booked this motel thru booking.com whilst driving into Cairns...we had had a bad experience with a previous motel booking days before so we were wary of what we may find...we were shown the room...difficult to make an observation quicly...we were very happy with the property...it was presented in a very professional manner...everything was meticulously clean and all requirements fulfilled...we are very happy to give this property a 5 star billing...well done.
Ross & Jan Seib Redlands City Qld.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
G7202JXinfo, Owner at Cannon Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you Marilyn for your great review, we really appreciate having wonderful people, stay with us.

Cheers Tom & Lyn

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night (and have also stayed here once before) and was very happy with this short stay.

Check in staff were helpful and friendly. The room itself was large and clean. There are tea/coffee in the room and also items for purchase (drinks and snacks) in the fridge. Bed was comfortable and despite being on a main road, I didn't hear any noise from the road.

The bathroom has shampoo/conditioner and towels were clean and good quality. Large, powerful shower.

You can park outside your room.

There is a small pool which I didn't use but it looked clean.

Is good value here and I'll happily stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
G7202JXinfo, Owner at Cannon Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you Sarah for your wonderful review, we appreciate it very much and look forward to you visiting again sometime.
Cheers Tom & Lyn

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This is a great motel where Tom and Lyn will do their very best to look after you. The rooms are clean and the meals fantastic. If you are a meat lover, try their lamb shank! It is also close to major shops and fuel stations.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
G7202JXinfo, Owner at Cannon Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Hi Mingan,

Thank you for your great review, ourselves and our Staff love to get good ones, it really encourages us all, to strive at being the best.

We all loved having you stay with us and wish you a safe and great experience on your travel around OZ, don't forget the Umbawarra Gorge, turn left 1 km south of Pine Creek, walk into the Gorge about a kilometre and you may see Tarzan swing out of a tree, HA HA, also look out for the Butterflies under the rock shelves.

All the Best from the Cannon Park Motel lot.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Well first thing first.
Cleanliness was good that's the best I can say
We checked in late hoping we don't wake up the owner in case he gets crummy wow that's a first for me
Secondly room nice and clean we do the jump in bed and the bed was way to soft
Hoping to get a good response from the owner we got there all new mattresses at least have a room with a firm mattress for people that don't like soft beds.
Well we are here for five days 1 day in and then
We have a note on my wall please see attached
We are frequent travels and I have to be charged to clean my dishes I don't think so
We go to check out day 2 of our 4 days Tom behind the desk was nice about us checking out early. This is the first time in 30 years of travelling I have had to change hotels.

To summaries ok hotel but you have been warned

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
G7202JXinfo, Owner at Cannon Park Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

UM, Hidden agenda we think,

After going out of our way to accommodate these guests for a midnight arrival, and myself making a comment (joke) that I am a different person if they needed to wake me in the middle of the night, than what I am in the morning), I assumed she understood the joke because in the morning she asked me, was I in a grumpy mood, to which we both enjoyed a good laugh, at this time she did not mention anything about the bed being hard.

After their day out and about in Cairns and another night, sleeping on the floor, (she says), (second night), this guest left it until the second morning to inform us she could not sleep due to the bed being so soft, and wanted to check out, this was after the 10.am checkout time, ( I believe she slept in, on that soft bed or maybe the hard floor!), anyway, we accommodated her without any penalty, we do have a 24 hour cancelation policy in place due to the high demand for accommodation in Cairns at this time of year, the policy is for (NO SHOWS), we credited her immediately as we understand and realise there are people who may prefer hard beds or the place they have booked is not what they expected, but what would be nice is people to be honest and just say, you have a nice place but its not what we were expecting and move on, on problem, but some people, just like to damage a good reputations by making up cock and bull excuses. We did offer to change the mattress for a firmer one but she would not consider it, giving support to our belief they just wanted to go to Port Douglas.

I am not sure if we would have any customers, if we had beds as hard as the floor.

If you have read this response, please read the more positive reviews and way up what percentage of wonderful people and regulars we have stay with us and some for over nine years keep coming back.

As for the dirty dishes sign in the rooms, again, as everywhere and anywhere society needs signage such as this for the minority who believe they can leave the place like a pigsty, fortunately they are few and far between and we have only ever applied this twice, we do not expect people to do their dishes, we do expect them to rinse them and leave our motel rooms in a tidy state.

Summing up:
The only thing this Guest could complain about was the beds were to comfortable, unfortunately we advertise comfortable beds and 99.9% of our guest prefer them, hence why they are Good quality Plush mattress’s.

I don’t relish being the next and future accommodation providers these people stay with.
Tom