All reviews motel offers free shuttle to the airport close to the airport shuttle service minute walk continental breakfast flight path a ground floor room room was spotless kitchen facilities quiet location small kitchen spent nights self catering town centre wonderful stay port douglas
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We arrived at this boutique motel after a flight from Darwin. I mentioned to Lynn that we were keen on a sunset harbour cruise, and possibly a trip to Kuranda the next day. Within what seemed like SECONDS, the tours were booked, and transportation arranged to take us to the Air Niugini offices in Cairns. Lynn and Jeff are two of the friendliest, most efficient people I have dealt with in the hospitality industry. They see themselves as facilitators, rather than adminstrators, and will bend over backwards to ensure that you have a wonderful time in their establishment, and in Cairns, in general.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, try for the ground floor, as there is no lift/elevator.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week over christmas with my partner.

Rooms were clean and was good that you were able to cook in the rooms.

Manager was friendly. Rooms serviced daily.

Good value for money.

Would highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Very clean room with kitchenette.
Friendly staff and nice swimming pool.
Only minutes from airport.
Comfortable beds and a handy choice of takeaways who will deliver - bit expensive though.
Provide breakfast on site - we did not try it though as had early checkout.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Stayed at the Reef Palms for four nights. I was in Cairns for the Rugby League world cup game. The management were helpful in every way.
The room I had (207) was first class and I wanted for nothing. The hotel is out of the centre of Cairns, however it only takes 20 minutes to walk there.
Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank marsketyke
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Stayed at the Reef Palms for one night, and I can see myself staying here for extended durations. Comfy beds, fully-equipped kitchen, and a lovely view of the pool from the balcony. Decent continental breakfast options and a free shuttle to the airport (that I missed, but it's a short ride by taxi anyway).
Most of all, staff at the reception is absolutely charming and friendly. Had a fun checkin and checkout experience!
My only grouse is that this awesome property is located a good 20 min walk away from the esplanade. The walk through Cairns itself is lovely, but it's not a quick dash to the centre by foot. If you have a car, you're set!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo