“Basic”

Daeng's Thai Takeaway
Ranked #350 of 644 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Very basic Thai food - we had a vegetable curry the vegies were poor quality not chopped well stalks tough to chew and covered in a poor sauce

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Huge servings of fantastic authentic Thai food and very reasonably priced! We ordered the spicy beef, paw paw salad, fish cakes and special fried rice which ended up lasting five meals! I would highly recommend dropping in and tasting this scrumptious cuisine for yourself. Five out of five from me.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Best chicken green curry ever - so good! This little takeaway shop on Hoare St (close to English St intersection) has great food and you can order when you're leaving work and pick up on the way home. Delicious and authentic.

1  Thank Dianne W
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have been living in Cairns for many years and I am a big fan of asian cousine especially Thai. Have tried all the Thai restaurants in the CBD only to be disgusted by expesive pricing, crap service and restricted menus. So i started cooking it myself at home to get a more pleasant experience. Then one day I drove down Hoare street in Manunda and stumbled across Daengs Thai take away. Daeng said her shop use to be a very busy restaurant 13 years ago but now she has numbed it down to a takeaway due to her age and staff problems. This is a 63 year old lady running a takeaway single handed ... and I give her credit where credits due. You can see her cradling a phone taking orders, while flames are climbing her arms frantically cooking the most delicious Thai meals for her customers. Shes one of the most funny little ladies and its almost like stand up comedy waiting the short time for your meal. I much prefer not to phone ahead and order but to talk with her and watch her cook to improve my own cooking. She keeps nothing a secret and is not secretive about what the composition of her meals are. What a wonderful experience another hidden treasure in Cairns. The prices are fair but in comparison to other Thai takeaways its normal or cheaper however the quality of the food far surpasses that of her rivals.
And that alone will keep me coming back twice a week until the day I die or she closes shop... Regards

1  Thank Bob M