“Fantastic Duck Salad...in a seafood rest!”

Splash Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 649 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I recently took some Korean couchsurfers here for dinner because they wanted fish and chips. We arrived around 620, which was great because they run a "lunch special" until 630 that has cheaper meals. The boys were able to get fish and chips for $21.90, including a drink, which is pretty good for the Esplanade which tends to be quite pricey. I don't eat seafood, so was glad to see pretty decent non-seafood options. I ordered the slow duck salad which was soooooo tasty. And really filling. Sometimes u can be left hungry after a salad, but I was satisfied. The only annoying thing was I asked for the dressing on the side, which they gave me a large dish of dressing on the side, but it was also "on the side" surrounding the whole plate. This made it virtually impossible to get salad without the dressing on it, which annoyed me at first. But then the salad was so damn tasty I got over it. Ha ha.

We didn't book, and appeared lucky to get a table because within 10mins of arriving it was packed out. So if u want to go and don't want to be disappointed - best to book.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Another great dinner at Splash, good service and great food. We both chose seafood chowder which was excellent, then we had coconut crumbed prawns and a calamari salad. The only thing I can fault at this restaurant is they only sell diet coke in bottles and if you want coke you have to have the machine coke.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We got in to Cairns just before lunch hour and took a walk down the esplanade. We stopped in here and decide to do what we call an appetizer tour. No mains, but a lot of small plates. We had soup, scallops, bugs, prawns and more from a table overlooking the water. Everything was great but if you like bugs don't order them here breaded as that was way to much breading to bug ratio. Great location, nice view for outside dining, and good food. The pace is definitely Austrailan so plan to spend some time. You will enjoy it.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was our Saturday night dinner spot this past weekend. The service was friendly, down-to-earth, prompt and engaging. The food satisfied both of us quite well - and the dessert (brownie with an ice cream sidecar and raspberry sauce, was outstanding. A must visit along the busy Esplanade.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Great offers with Wine for $21.90
High quality and great service
One of the best places Near the esplanade to have a meal
The young ladies make you feel very welcome
And when the food is this good - what a nice evening