“Outstanding in every way!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Douglas
Birdsong B&B Port Douglas
Reviewed 10 January 2015

We stayed at Birdsong B&B in December 2014 for a few nights and had the most fabulous time! It is a beautiful house and property with spectacular accommodations and a great location, very close to the main section of Port Douglas. The hosts, Alan & Roberta, are wonderful, very welcoming, and really added to making our time in the area our favorite part of our trip to Australia. Their information on things to do was very helpful and steered us to things we likely would not have discovered on our own, all of which we enjoyed immensely. We have had a lot of good experiences staying at B&Bs, often based on recommendations on Trip Advisor, and wanted to pass on information about this special place. This one felt more like staying with friends and we highly recommend it. There was absolutely nothing that we did not like about our stay at Birdsong except for of course having to leave! If we ever get back to Australia, and we hope we do, we’ll definitely be back for a return visit.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan D, Owner at Birdsong B&B Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2015

Thanks so much for an awesome review and taking the time to post your feedback. It is very much appreciated. We are so glad that you had a great stay with us and that our recommendations gave you some great experiences in our area. Best regards.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

My parents and I stayed in the wonderful Birdsong in early October 2013 (Trip Advisor only dates back to November 2013) when my parents were visiting me from Ireland. I have been meaning to place this review all year! It is a fantastic time to visit Port Douglas as the weather was not humid yet and the was sun was shining.

Unfortunately, we could only stay in Birdsong for night after our Great Barrier Reef trip which left from Port Douglas. I booked Birdsong as it was just off the Captain Cook Highway to Cairns airport so was in a convenient location for us to make our flight the following day. Despite the fact we spent only one night and morning in Birdsong, Roberta made us feel so welcome and stands out in my memory as by far the best host we had throughout our ten days of travel in Sydney, Cairns and Port Douglas.

The house itself is stunning. Beautifully designed and incredibly spacious, it is incredible value for money. I was so glad I didn't go down the route of booking a hotel for my parents and I, as we would never get the level of service we got from someone like Roberta who makes it her business to get to know you and make you feel like you're at home. She gave us great recommendations for restaurants to dine in that evening in Port Douglas which were to my parents liking, rather than steering us towards the high end cuisine restaurants that just wouldn't be their scene at all.

The rooms were luxurious with beautiful finishing touches. I even had my own gigantic bathroom which had a huge, luxurious bath and shower. I was kicking myself we didn't spend more time in Port Douglas when I saw the wonderful pool outside too! I can see why they get so many weddings in Birdsong. It is a short drive into Port Douglas from Birdsong and there are so many pretty shops and restaurants that I would advise anyone who has the time to spend a few days in Birdsong to get the most out of the town and this wonderful B&B.

Finally, the breakfast was incredible. We got to enjoy the delicious local tropical fruits as well as a hot breakfast too. I would love to make a trip back up to far North Queensland and would definitely stop off at Birdsong again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had the pleasure of hiring the Birdsong for a company function last week being the 30th July. The facility is amazing and the owners truly wonderful people. We hired Christo's catering Services and the food was outstanding. Overall a fantastic venue for either a corporate function or a wedding.. simply brilliant ! Thank you Roberta and Chris for making our evening with 34 guests a great success.
All the best Dayne - IQ Medical

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Alan D, Owner at Birdsong B&B Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dayne thanks so much for your valuable review, it is much appreciated. We were very happy that your corporate hospitality event was a success. We are glad that we could help out with our venue. Your group were great to chat to and your staff were very professional. Very impressed with the wine too! Regards
Alan & Roberta

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Awesome. Point.
Sorry Roberta And Alan for the late Review. We enjoyed it very much. You are one of the best or maybe the best hosts we ever had during our World Trip. Actually, if you wouldn't be on the other side of the world from our home, we would come regularly to you for our recreation. You are AWESOME, once again.
Food delicious and the warm welcome outstanding.
All the best wishes,
Claudia and Tom

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan D, Owner at Birdsong B&B Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks so much for your glowing review, it is always much appreciated we hope you had a a great world tour, we are still jealous! Thanks again, Alan & Roberta.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed in Birdsong for a week at the end of August, and it was an awesome time. Alan & Dana really made us feel a part of the family during our stay. Aside from being able to recommend many local activities, Dana is also an amazing cook! We would definitely recommend Birdsong to others, and if we're ever up in PD again, it definitely will be our place to go!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple