“Great staff and snorkeling locations”

Silversonic Dive & Snorkel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Silversonic, a 29m luxury catamaran, is custom-designed for small groups of adventure-minded people to revel in the thrill of diving and snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. Adventurers will spend 5 hours visiting 3 different reef sties at the renowned Agincourt ribbon reef. Choose snorkelling, introductory diving or up to 3 certified dives. We’re all about less people, more reef destinations, and a crew who knows the reef like the locals they are.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Thanks for a terrific day. It was a bit choppy and YES to sea sickness tablets if you get sea sick. The staff were friendly, helpful and always willing to assist. The final dive site where staff (Maisie and sorry, I forgot the other lady’s name) provided guided advice and informative marine information.
Food selection was terrific, except why bother with the SOUP? (The soup or reconstituted powder spice and water is just not needed). Scrap the soup.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"afternoon tea"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We (my wife, myself, 17 yr boy, 15yr boy and 13yr girl) headed out to the outer reef on the Silversonic boat, one of the Quicksilver group boats. What attracted us to this particular boat was the smaller size of the group (around 90) being taken out for a snorkel or dive experience and having 3different spots where the boat stopped for approx 1.5hours of fun.
Even though the day was a bit overcast the overall experience was fantastic. The professionalism of the crew and the overall ease of the whole trip was a huge plus. My wife and our oldest boy signed up for an introductory dive. On the way to the reef they had their lesson/information session so they were ready to go once we arrived at the first destination, which took approx 1.5 hours. My wife never dived or tried anything more adventurous than this in her life (marrying me might be the only exception). The dive instructor (Haylie Bennett) was absolutely amazing. She made sure that my wife was relaxed and confidant to go under. The whole experience was managed under most stringent safety measures and lasted approx 30 minutes under water. My wife can’t stopped talking about it. Big thank you to Haylie for persisting with my wife and making her dream come true of diving on the barrier reef.
My oldest boy had two dives during the trip and the rest of us enjoyed snorkeling at all three sites. The trip included a great lunch and morning and afternoon tea which was well received after a great day of snorkeling/diving.
I would highly recommend this particular trip as you get to experience 3 great sites and be under the supervision of an amazing and super knowledgeable staff which gave an update on each site and recommended the spots to snorkel.
Well done Silvesonic crew - we will be back for another round ASAP.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We were uncertain about the choice of a large boat group for snorkelling on the Reef. It is well organised with snorkelling or scuba at three locations. The difference in the locations and sheer number and diversity of fish was absolutely stunning with good water clarity. We came close to a turtle, white tipped harmless Reef Shark, 2 pairs of Clown Fish, ribbon fish and the proliferation was fabulous with the fish happy with snorkellers and divers in close proximity. Signs that some bleach coral is starting to recover. Lots of other coral and reef life. Lunch and morning tea are served. Water temperature was just ok in early June for just full body lycra suit. Wet suits available at $15 extra. Hire of underwater cameras is steep at $70 incl your own memory card. Some lycra suits were a little tired with some holes in them. Easy access at rear of boat with multilevel platforms and steps. We had a great day out with superb weather. Next time we would try the Reef Sprinter with a small group in a fast boat.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Worth every penny, this may be slightly more expensive than some other trips but it's worth it. The crew are very friendly, efficient and know their stuff. We got to see minke whales, reef sharks and turtles along with lots of other fish and coral. Once in a lifetime experience cannot recommend them enough. Breakfast, lunch and snacks were also served throughout the day.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

It was an amazing experience and luckily we had great weather the day we went, it was nice & sunny!!!.
We visited 3 different sites which were beautiful, the ocean color was sky blue!!!.. The boat ride to and from the reef was great fun, unfortunately I am prone to motion sickness and I wasn’t feeling well but the staff were so fantastic & efficient, they really took good care of me and handled the situation in a very friendly and 'passenger first' manner.
Had never been scuba diving before and wanted to try. I would have needed more time for it, but my younger friend had no problem for the beginner she was. The reef we visited fulfill my expectations. Pricey but worth every penny, including meals etc. Thank you Silver Sonic Crew for such a memorable trip. We are surely going to come back and hopefully would be able to dive next time.
Would highly recommend this trip It was a great day out on the water.