See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Our holiday in Port Douglas at The Sun Seeker Apartments was sub standard in every possible way. Coming from NewZealand and with the expectation that our accommodation would be comfortable we were aghast to enter a unit that smelt musty and unlived in. It was dirty the bed was rock hard, stained chair cushions and carpet, couches that were so lumpy and stained that we couldn't sit on them,rusty and peeling light and bathroom fittings and the list goes on. The Sunseeker Apartments along with several other apartment blocks are managed by Latitude 16 Pty Ltd (Receivers and Managers have been appointed for this group) . The "Manager'' that we experienced was to say the least , most unaccommodating. There was no acknowledgement from her that the apartment was substandard and it was difficult to understand how this apartment could be ,being let out. She was frosty , rude and uncompromising. I would have thought that a managers task is to make guests have a memorable experience.... ours was but for all the wrong reasons.This apartment has obviously been neglected over the years and we would advise travellers to avoid booking at Sun Seeker and if possible dealing with the Latitude 16 Manager. Try somewhere else!!

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank 882holiday
Reviewed 11 October 2014

We stayed in apt. 4 from Sept. 21 to Sept. 26. The two bedroom apt. was spacious with two washrooms, and a balcony overlooking the pool and gardens. The apt. was clean and tidy, but there were some stains on the sofas that needed cleaning, and some updating is necessary. The air conditioner worked very well. It was perfectly located close to the beach and the main street. Port Douglas was a small comfortable town and a good place to visit the reef or north to the Daintree area by car. The woman at the reception was very helpful in assisting us with our Hotmail issues. We really enjoyed this area and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Bottom apts. have patio near pool; higher have large balcony. Not sure if they are individually owned and rented.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2basslakers
Reviewed 26 September 2014 via mobile

This apartment has been severely neglected in terms of fixtures. Beds are as hard as concrete, blinds are broken and the lounge is as comfortable as a bag of marbles, and the fridge barely keeps things cool let alone cold. When reported simply told by staff the management in receivership and the elderly owner not willing to update. The location is perfect, cost was great allowing for an affordable stay, but the rest terrible making our much anticipated trip to port douglas memorable for the wrong reasons!

Stayed: September 2014
4  Thank Warragul3820
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The only thing going for this place was the location. Aside from that, we experienced problems with both the airconditioning and fans, and a terribly outdated decor complete with dodgy-brother renovations. Not even the ironing board worked properly (every time we opened it up, it fell apart). This was probably an apt sign of how little the owners have been prepared to spend on this place internally. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sara l
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Well I can see from other reviews, that this apartment block is terrible unless you want to pay for the penthouse.
I found the same issues. Apartment was old, tired and dirty. Amazingly at $115 per night, you don't expect all the latest mod cons. But one does expect cleanliness.
Yes there was no-one here upon arrival, and as an aussie, I can forget this. If I had flown in from overseas, this would have already been a warning sign.
The apartment position was great, overlooking the pool with a wide balcony. BUT, the floor was dirty and gritty. The spa bath had not been cleaned properly for months. The bathrooms floor tiles were black, and there was mould over the bath. All taps in the bathroom were yellow, and the cistern on the toilet was separating in three places. The ironing board was in the wardrobe of the second bedroom, which took minutes to open as it was badly aligned and stuck. In the end the ironing board cover was so old, it had lost all the elastic, and was thus useless.
I spent the first four hours in the apartment cleaning!!!!!!!!
Yes, they called "housekeepong", who cleaned in the EXACT places I indicated but did nothing else.
You can give people one night free for compensation. but is it really worth it.
CLEAN the damn place and you will receive good reports as those that are given for the penthouses.
Mayby one has to spend the money for the penthouse, before you get any cleaning or service.

It is such a pity. The property managers are Latitude 16. So beware of any other properties that these people manage. They don't care, its all about the profit.

I left a long list of what cleaning I had done, and also listed all the repairs required. I doubt they will do anything.

After arriving home and reading other complaints, I rang again, asking to speak with a management person for Latitude 16 Pty Ltd, management. I left my name and phone number.

Surprise ------ no-one has called back....

Service there does not exist. I find this so disappointing. I love Port Douglas and holiday there regularly. Never again with these people. I would rather pay double. Their attitude is dreadful and is all about profit, and nothing to do with looking after the customer.

Room Tip: penthouse only - don't bother about the rest
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo