Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Restaurant
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$103
US$91
  • Beachfront
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$91
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$88
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$154
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$73
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$181
  • Beachfront
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$171
Agoda.com
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$355
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$309
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewscatch restaurantthe executive loungebedroom residencestreet noisecentral locationgold coastamazing hotelkids poolexcellent stayunderground parkingschool holidaysstayed nightsocean viewcavill avenuepool areamain beachlight rail
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Amazing location!
As a travel agent I would recommend this to all my clients looking for a trip up to the Gold Coast. Hotel facilities are amazing, room service is fast and great. The spa is definitely worth a visit. Would recommend for young couples and friends wanting a trip

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Elizabeth B,

I'm thrilled to receive your great feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed everything from our central location to the hotel's facilities. It's also great to hear that you had time to treat yourself to a treatment at our lovely eforea Spa.

Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to also see you back again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Worst level of customer service in the world refused to cancel a booking 1 week before our stay even though it was a hospital emergency still charged us $1500 staff just dont care about the client i will never go there and i am amazed that they can call themselves a 5 star hotel be careful guys find somewere else too stay

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2017

My partner, baby son and I stayed at the Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences for two nights recently and I feel compelled to relay our experience.

We were booked to stay on some of the hottest days of the year. On checking in and entering the room we were met with sauna-like heat, with the room having faced the sun all day without aircon. We went to turn the aircon on only to have it turn off after a minute or so. It would not go back on. I called the operator to report the fault and was told that an engineer would be up to look at it.

Our family sweated it out (literally) for about thirty minutes until I called again. I was told by the operator, Tegan, that all the engineers were busy fixing an unspecified fault with the pool. She could not tell me when someone would be up, or even if it would be the same day. According to our baby monitor, it was 35 degrees C INSIDE the apartment. When I pressed her about how hot the room was, I was met with utter indifference. When I enquired what would happen if the engineers could not attend to the fault that evening, I was offered a fan.

“Oh, we wouldn’t charge you for it”, I was told by the operator.
“The room?”
“No, the fan.”

Bear in mind we were paying $400 a night for this. My partner took over and told her how hot it was for our son. This made no difference; she had no response except to say that the engineer would likely not come until the morning and again offered the complimentary fan. When my partner then asked to speak with a manager, she was kept on hold for 5-10 minutes and finally met with the reply that her manager was ‘caught up with something else’. She took our phone number and promised a call back. We did not hear back.

We then asked if we could swap rooms and were told there were no rooms to swap to in the Residences. We said we were fine to swap to the Hotel only to be told that this was not possible as “it would be considered a downgrade”. You cannot be upgraded nor downgraded in the Surfers Paradise Hilton, apparently. Every suggestion or issue we raised was met with an argument.

Fed up with waiting in the heat, and legitimately worried for our son’s health at this point, we decided to pack up and try our luck at the front counter. By now it was over an hour since we had first checked in, just after 7pm. The clerk who checked us in then reiterated that there were no other options for us within the residences, and furthermore, that we couldn’t move to a normal room at the Hotel, despite us showing him availability on online booking engines. Only after holding our phone in front of him and proceeding through the booking process did he demure, and say that he could change us to a 2-bedroom apartment, free of charge. Late for our dinner appointment already, we accepted.

The 2-bedroom apartment was on the fifth floor of Tower 1. The condition of the apartment was passable. On our floor, we encountered a foul rubbish smell that was also present inside the apartment. There were bags of trash piled up in the corner of the communal lift space on a cart (picture attached) with household rubbish inside them. The worst smell emanated from the rubbish chute near our apartment. To their credit the rubbish was cleaned up quickly once we’d called up, but the smell from the chute remained inside and outside the apartment. They told us they were having ‘issues’ with it and sent someone up to spray deodorant.

Saturday night came, and our son awoke with a sudden onset of vomiting. To the credit of the hotel, when calling at 11PM that night, they were very responsive with bringing up spare sheets within 5-10 minutes and even offering to change the bedding for us. We declined but this was perhaps the best customer service we received all weekend – friendly, caring and efficient, just how it should be.

Other misc. issues that I don’t have the energy to flesh out but may be of interest to people thinking of staying here:

- Huge lift wait times (~15 mins in peak periods)
- No HHonors benefits given
- No Executive lounge accessible from the Residences
- The condition of the apartments can best be described as ‘lived in’. This includes blood stains on the back of the curtains and an unidentifiable reddish-brown stain on a corner of the duvet, blood on the mirror in one of the elevators
- Cockroaches on the balcony 5 floors up – we managed to block their entry by stuffing a beauty programme into the crack
- High noise levels inside the room
- 20 min queue for breakfast

So, how to summarise? Our stay at the Hilton Surfers Paradise was an awful, painful experience from start to finish. We now regret not cutting our losses and rebooking elsewhere. The hotel is understaffed and poorly managed. At every point we were met with absolute indifference from everyone we spoke to (besides a helpful girl called Nadia at the front desk). The Hilton staff made it feel like we were somehow being fussy and making their lives exceptionally difficult when we raised issues such as non-working aircon and the rubbish piled up near the lift.

It was one of the worst hotel experiences of our lives, by far the worst Hilton we have ever stayed at, made worse by the exorbitant amount we were paying per night.

I don’t expect a resolution to any of this having seen the same indifference from the General Manager in her responses on this page as we experienced with staff at the hotel. But I hope this at least gives some people a more realistic idea about what to expect from the Surfers Paradise Hilton

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MIkhail C

Dear MIkhail C,

Thank you for the feedback.

I sincerely apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I understand that the experience you have had is far from you would expect from a Hilton hotel. Your comments have certainly been followed up with the different teams responsible so that the issues experienced do not repeat themselves. I have also discussed with our Duty Managers and Magic team members what we might have done better to look after you throughout this process and I sincerely apologise for the issues and inconvenience caused. We aim to provide an exceptional level of accommodation and service in keeping with the Hilton standard and I am very sorry that we did not achieve this during your visit.

Thank you for the feedback which I will ensure helps us to make improvements and once again I apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I stayed at the Gold Coast Hilton as I was travelling alone with my two children. The hotel is very central which is a bonus but the quality of customer service wasn't great although they were efficient enough you didn't get the niceties of a smile and a warm welcome. The pool area is dirty but the cleanliness of the rooms is great so hats off to the cleaners you saved the day. Location made it great but costly for what you get!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton S, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Dear nicolabY3540ZI,

Thank you for posting a review.

I'm deeply sorry that you did not receive the exceptional level of service that you deserve. I was surprised to hear your feedback, as this is very uncharacteristic of our team members and we receive a lot of amazing feedback about our service. I will most definitely pass this onto the team and ensure we are continuing to delight every guest, every time! I an however glad to hear that you enjoyed the room as well as the central location of the hotel and I hope that you did enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the feedback and I to see you back again on your future travels to the Gold Coast.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Brilliant location, wonderful views from all windows, the hotel really is situated in the best location! we had a few teething problems at the hotel initially, a few stains on the sofa but soon sorted, as we were aware the lift is slow as its a busy hotel. Bedrooms, bedding, kitchen, bathrooms, all great, we will definitely return :) Staff were great.

Room Tip: High is best, the clubs are below, although it didn't keep us awake, its part of being at Surfers!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear J T,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad to hear you had a FAB time and enjoyed everything from the views to our prime location. I am sorry to hear that there were a few issues on your arrival but glad that these were quickly sorted out for you after you notified our team members.

Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your return!

Kind regards,