“Horrible”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The location is great. However so many places in Surfers try to present an American feel. The key word is try.

The customer service is horrible and as an American we got the impression they prefer serving Australians. The coffee was burnt and the food was expensive and bad.

1  Thank Hw S

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My partner and I popped in here for lunch today and walked out after, wishing we never bothered. We ordered onion rings to start which came on brown wiltered leaves and a drink each which didnt come till after our entree was served.
My partner ordered a chicken burger whilst I ordered lasagne, although im not entirely sure what was on my plate seemed like it was layers of plain pasta sheets with some odd sauce chucked ontop, no bechemel sauce and again brown leaves. It tasted and looked aweful. My partner got served dirty cutlery after asking for a clean set he might as well not bothered... He had to eat his meal without luckily it was just a burger which he couldnt even manage to eat all of.
Looked like the waitress didnt even want to be there and as for the girl making drinks her uniform was so dirty im not sure its even seen a washing machiene and who wears flip flops whilst working at a restaurant?!? Very unprofessional and i wont be going back.
Yes the girl did take the lasagne of our total bill but really? Should that have been served in the first place? Disgusting.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The service was well and truly below average. I received a clean fork wrapped with a knife that was still covered in dried sauce. I asked for clean cutlery but it never came, nor did a napkin. The entree onion rings were ok for a pre done item but the garnish lettuce was about as brown as a boot. After a 15 minute wait for two soft drinks they finally arrived. Clearly the bar tender only makes the drinks and doesn't run them. The mains.... Chicken burger with chips is a big noooooo unless you have a sentimental relationship with your toilet, I have a strong stomach but it got the better of me. And the other main, lasagne. How do you get this wrong. Here's how to make. Mince, pasta sheet, bechamel sauce, pasta sheet and repeat bake with cheese on top. Clearly the chef got this wrong, his recipe is 6x sheets of pastry, a layer of thin bechamel every second layer, a big scoop of what may contain mince but looks like Napoli and a sprinkle of cheese on top. I normally sample all meals but I was instantly turned off. After my girlfriend couldn't eat it I tried it and have regretted it since. The girl did take the lasagne of my bill but I was tempted to just walk out half way thru as the food was inedible and I'm sure the non exist ant waitress wouldn't have noticed. It's disappointing that not two years ago this place was packed every service

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have been here a couple of times. First time I got the seafood basket, everything was over cooked including the chips and was extremely greasy. Second time we thought we'd give them a second chance shouldn't of, I got a lemonade the glass was so dirty and had things floating in it, my partner order medium rare steak and he got well done. The staff don't seem to care and when we went to pay they were so cold, not much customer service and extremely OVER PRICED!!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Staff very friendly, food was very good and the prices were very reasonable. Food came quickly. Grilled chicken sandwich was excellent. Would visit again.