“A last minute quick getaway”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Found great deal with mantra on last minute site as I needed a one night unwind - haven’t stayed before now but would definitely stay again
Kids loved the pool and had a great time. Service was great and everything you need is close by

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AMJaime, Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear malowinac,
I am glad that you and your kids enjoyed "A last minute quick getaway" with us, I am thrilled to read that you would choose to stay with us again if and when you're back on the Gold Coast.
Kind Reagrds,
Belinda Moore

Write a ReviewReviews (3,268)

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Ordinary. Don't bother. I have stayed at other mantras and they have been positive and pleasant. This one is not to the same standard as the other Mantras I have stayed at. Understaffed at reception, it took a long time to check in and check out due to queues, extra charges eg parking and coffee at breakfast. Most places now, even cheap places, have a grind the beans on demand coffee machine that adds hot milk at the press of a button. Sure, not barista, but not a brewed coffee pot. Overalll, this is not a place I will be in a hurry to go back to. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at Mantra before on numerous occasions. When I booked it ticked the right boxes for location and a last minute pricing as it was a last minute decision, this one did not rate on my list of a "must come back." It does nothing for the Mantra name, only disappoints.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AMJaime, Front Office Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Hi sdhfjkeox,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback from your stay and I do apologize that you were disappointed as we don't wish for any of guests to feel this way.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

The customer service desk was not welcoming and no smile when walking in. The concierge service was as bad and no value for money at the breakfast. Can stay in a better place at similar price in Gold Coast

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Hi ankitj,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback from your stay. I will ensure that it is followed up for improvement.
I'm disappointed that you felt there was no customer service as that is not what we aim to deliver, so will ensure that it is addressed.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We did an impromptu Gold Coast visit and booked into Mantra on View for the first time. This property is in a great location, very close to the beach (we had amazing ocean views from our room), super-close to the tram and bus stop and a quick walk to the action of Cavill Avenue. The location, friendliness of reception staff and cleanliness of room on check-in cannot be faulted. Our room was cleaned daily, however the housekeeping standard left a little to be desired. On the first day our rubbish bag was removed from bin, but left sitting on our bench; floors also didn't seem to have been vacuumed (but I don't vacuum my floors daily at home, either, so wasn't too stressed). I was a little concerned that even though we hung our towels on the rails for use the next morning, they were replaced - whilst fresh towels are great each day, it is a luxury we did not require and the environment did not need. We had a twin room and there was plenty of room to move about; our toiletries and tea/coffee were replenished as required. The beds were comfortable, but the linen on one of the beds was a little tired/stained and did not tuck in well under the mattress, so as soon as it was lain upon, the bottom sheet became untucked and the bed beneath the sheet was exposed - this continued to happen throughout the night; it may be that the sheet had not been set on the bed properly and it could have been rectified it the bed was remade, but we didn't try it, and instead put up with the problem for our 3 night stay (it was a teenager's bed, so he didn't complain greatly). I can say a lot of good things about this property, but there are sadly a couple of negatives. One was the fact that the concierge desk was never manned when we came downstairs or through the lobby. At times I had a quick question to ask about a theme park or public transport - sure, there is a sign advising there is a machine where we can purchase theme park tickets, etc - but that was not what I wanted, i wanted to speak face to face to a staff member, who was never there. Very disappointing for a hotel of this size. Additionally, we had the buffet breakfast once and found it to be rather lacklustre - the number of choices was not huge, the fried eggs were pre-cooked and sitting cold on a plate, and even the small pancakes were thick and cold, not light and fluffy. The juice was thick and sweet. The bircher muesli was terribly thick and gluggy, not fresh and moist like most I have eaten before. Would I stay here again - most definitely - but would not choose the breakfast option. Would I recommend the property to family and friends - most definitely - but once again would warn them to steer clear of breakfast, to ask questions at a tourist information centre rather than rely on concierge - and to keep an eye on whether their room was cleaned appropriately. Thank you for a pretty great stay, despite the few minor negatives we have listed (which did not impact our stay).

Room Tip: Ocean View room is fabulous, with views across to the canals in one direction and the beach in the o...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hi Monkelpunkel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such a detailed and informative review from your stay. We do appreciate it, and I have passed the feedback onto departments for review of services to ensure that we look at ways to improve areas for future guests.
Without feedback such as yours we are unable to do things like this , so thank you.
I'm please to see that you di have a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again one day soon,

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Air conditioning was always on sleep. Had to sleep with door open. Was extremely noisy as a result and had limited sleep. Exhaust fan always on and noisy. Never removed rubbish from our room which built up allot over the days. No spare towels. Rooms looks pretty worn out with curtains being moth eaten, paint peeling off, waterleaks, looked like a budget motel. Won't stay at a mantra in the Gold Coast again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AMJaime, Front Office Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Hi Paul A,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience with us here during your time with us. It doesn't look like we were given the opportunity to fix some of these issues for you, which if we had been given the opportunity to do so we would have done so. I do apologize that you had such a negative experience and I would like to discuss that further with me if you like via my email, Jaime.dieckmann@mantra.com.au as I would like to follow up further around this.

Look forward hearing from you,

Assistant Manager