Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$74
  • Restaurant
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$181
  • Beachfront
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$82
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Pool
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$457
US$103
Trip.com
  • Pool
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$215
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$422
US$310
Agoda.com
All reviewsgreat locationfamily roomshopping centreocean viewnice roomtour deskseafood buffetthe gold coasthigh floorcavill mallshort staystayed for nightsking bedpublic transporttram stopspa bathlight rail
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Upon 1400 check in time the room was not ready and we were given a different room. My partner and I was served by a new employee who was not supervised and was not confident in what she was doing. She did not advise us of details such as when and where breakfast was served and what time check out was. When we went into the room we found that the toilet was not working and had to call concierge. They told us that they would send a technician up to our room to have a look. We waited 15 minutes and nobody had come so we went down to reception to enquire about it as we were hoping to go to the pool and did not want to waste time waiting for somebody whom we didn't know was coming. It took another 15 minutes for reception to establish that the water had been turned off for maintenance. There was poor communication between staff and to customers. Reception did give us two drink vouchers and apart from that the rest of the stay was pleasant.

It is a fairly old hotel as it still had the old fashioned bumpy ceilings, so if you are looking for a modern hotel then this it not for you. The rooms however are spacious and clean.

Breakfast was average - had the usual selections, nothing too special.

The pool was also smaller than expected but it did meet my needs.

Location was great as it was in the centre of Surfers Paradise.

Also, a special thank you to Sonia for matching the breakfast deal on Agoda with the room that I had purchased on the Accor website.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
NovotelSurfers, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Wendy P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am disappointed that the Hotel provided a mixed experience for you please accept my apologies.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at check in and that you were not provided with more comprehensive information about the Hotel including the fact that the water had been switched off in your room for emergency maintenance on the water risers.

On a positive note I was happy to read that you enjoyed the great location of the Hotel in Surfers Paradise and the remainder of your stay.

Thank you for your feedback Wendy P and I do hope that you will provide my Team and I the opportunity to serve you better in the future,

Reviewed 14 December 2017

The changes at this hotel are noticeable but slow. It is the best positioned hotel in Surfers Paradise and is well worth checking out. The pool is amazing with great views, and the beach is not far away.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
NovotelSurfers, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Storoco,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

I will share your comments with my Team as I am sure that they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am happy to read that you are enjoying the changes that the Hotel Owners and AccorHotels are bringing to the propoerty.

Thank you for your endorsement Storoco and my Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again very soon,

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Good- great location
Awesome view
Got a free room upgrade
Ocean view is worth it.
Breakfast was great with a wide spread.

Bad- poor room service( had to request for services repeatedly)
Rooms are a bit old-school
Few veg options in breakfast.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear harshil12,

I will share your comments with my Team as I am sure that they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us including the excellent location, views and large variety of products on offer at breakfast.

I have spoken to the Executive Housekeeper regarding your comments regarding your room not being serviced, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your feedback harshil12 and my Team and I hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again very soon,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I don't know why I was disappointed really as I have come to expect inconsistency and complacency as synonyms for this brand. How this can be regarded as a premium hotel beggars belief. For one there is "ad hoc" security on the front door... none on the side door (albeit locked after 10pm). You can take a car park lift to the lobby (or just walk into the lobby) and then switch to a guest lift without challenge... once into the guest lift just feel free to take take any lift to any floor without need for a key card. I'm sorry but personal security is a biggy for me and for a premium hotel this falls well short.
On check in I got a welcome drink. Fine, except that it was after 9pm and there is literally nowhere to get that drink! No bar. This hotel consequently feels devoid of life.
Neither is it a well located hotel... surrounded by rowdy bars, yobs lying on the pavement calling out as you walk by. Fast food outlets proliferate and it seems that this location is absolutely least desirable part of the coast. A night-time stroll turned out to be a look-straight-ahead rush to get back into my insecure hotel. To top it off the building next door was getting a new roof ... they worked on it ALL night through so not even a good nights sleep to be had. Is that legal even?
Ugh. I hated every bit of this stay and for 200-plus without breakfast wild horses won't drag me back! What a shock after the incredible Sydney Airport Pullman and wonderful Tamworth Mercure that just keeps on punching above its weight (as indeed do all Mercures).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSurfers, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Simon R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am disappointed that the Hotel, the product and the service therein did not meet your expectations, please accept my apologies.

I am sorry that you felt that the security at the Hotel was lacking, all doors to the Hotel and the car park lifts are locked from 10pm every evening until 6am and there is a strict no registered guest policy at all times.
That said, the Hotel is currently upgrading lift access for all lifts which will necessitate guests to use their room key to gain access to their relevant floor which is the same as the current existing door security system.

I am disappointed to read that you were disturbed by noise external to the Hotel during your stay, the Hotel was not informed beforehand of the overnight works and would have been offer you a room move in order for you to get some sleep. I understand that this offer is after the fact and will not improve this experience.

Thank you once again for your comments Simon R and I do hope that you change your mind and provide my Team and I another opportunity to serve you better in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

ha7p0-gm@accor.com

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Accor’s / Novotel should serious sell this property off and let it be re-branded, as it's so run down it's a blight on their good name and seriously does not meet the standards of a 'Novotel' let alone a one-star Bates Motel.

Staying on level 31, the view was 'alright' but still plenty of traffic noise long into the night. The carpet was shabby, with the wardrobe front mirror panel falling off. Though we got two rooms, both felt very small.

NO Wifi, several complaints involved restarting the router, but after 3 days of excuses I just gave up.

Pool on the 5th floor is pretty ordinary, though the gym was fine and modern enough. The video games took my money, was told to take all my complaints to TimeZone who run the machines, not the Novotel. This summed up my experiences with the staff, we were as tired and bored as the decor. Checking in was a slow and rude experience.

Lastly parking at $17 per day is in a basement which is some distance when you find a park, from the lift entrance to the hotel. It also smells like a fish market and one evening of parking there will make your car smell like it was at the bottom of the ocean for a year.

The ground floor bar, is more like a glorified cafe and has zero ambiance.

Only saving grace is the saving the location which is right on Cavil Avenue and walking distance to the beach. But look elsewhere for value and a room worth paying for.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Parges

Dear Parges,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your room experience and felt that the facilities on the 5th floor provided a mixed experience for you.

Whilst the car park is not operated by Novotel Surfers Paradise and there is not a designated Hotel parking area due to it being a public car park I will share your comments regarding the smell with Secure Park.

I am sorry that you could not access the Hotel wifi and to this end my Team and I are currently working on providing a more extensive wifi network by increasing the infrastructure within the Hotel, however I understand that this does not make up for your experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback Parges and I do hope that you will provide my Team and I another opportunity to serve you better in the future,