“Chose this hotel for it's location . Within walking distance to the venue we were attending.”

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Wasn't happy not to be able to adjust the air con to my desired temperature. Had an uncomfortable night's sleep as temperature was too warm. Was set at 23.5 degrees. In my own home I would sleep with 20 degrees or lower.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
NovotelSurfers, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Christine D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am disappointed that the Hotel provided a mixed experience for you please accept my apologies.

I am sorry that you had an uncomfortable night's sleep during your stay, every room has a control thermostat for air conditioning and offers a wide temperature range for our guest choice, please accept my apologies if the control in your room did not offer the temperature that you requried.

On a positive note I was happy to read that you enjoyed the great location of the Hotel in Surfers Paradise.

Thank you for your feedback Christine D and I do hope that you will provide my Team and I the opportunity to serve you better in the future,

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Upon 1400 check in time the room was not ready and we were given a different room. My partner and I was served by a new employee who was not supervised and was not confident in what she was doing. She did not advise us of details such as when and where breakfast was served and what time check out was. When we went into the room we found that the toilet was not working and had to call concierge. They told us that they would send a technician up to our room to have a look. We waited 15 minutes and nobody had come so we went down to reception to enquire about it as we were hoping to go to the pool and did not want to waste time waiting for somebody whom we didn't know was coming. It took another 15 minutes for reception to establish that the water had been turned off for maintenance. There was poor communication between staff and to customers. Reception did give us two drink vouchers and apart from that the rest of the stay was pleasant.

It is a fairly old hotel as it still had the old fashioned bumpy ceilings, so if you are looking for a modern hotel then this it not for you. The rooms however are spacious and clean.

Breakfast was average - had the usual selections, nothing too special.

The pool was also smaller than expected but it did meet my needs.

Location was great as it was in the centre of Surfers Paradise.

Also, a special thank you to Sonia for matching the breakfast deal on Agoda with the room that I had purchased on the Accor website.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy P,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at check in and that you were not provided with more comprehensive information about the Hotel including the fact that the water had been switched off in your room for emergency maintenance on the water risers.

On a positive note I was happy to read that you enjoyed the great location of the Hotel in Surfers Paradise and the remainder of your stay.

Thank you for your feedback Wendy P and I do hope that you will provide my Team and I the opportunity to serve you better in the future,

Reviewed 14 December 2017

The changes at this hotel are noticeable but slow. It is the best positioned hotel in Surfers Paradise and is well worth checking out. The pool is amazing with great views, and the beach is not far away.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
NovotelSurfers, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Storoco,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

I will share your comments with my Team as I am sure that they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am happy to read that you are enjoying the changes that the Hotel Owners and AccorHotels are bringing to the propoerty.

Thank you for your endorsement Storoco and my Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again very soon,

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Good- great location
Awesome view
Got a free room upgrade
Ocean view is worth it.
Breakfast was great with a wide spread.

Bad- poor room service( had to request for services repeatedly)
Rooms are a bit old-school
Few veg options in breakfast.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear harshil12,

I will share your comments with my Team as I am sure that they will be very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us including the excellent location, views and large variety of products on offer at breakfast.

I have spoken to the Executive Housekeeper regarding your comments regarding your room not being serviced, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your feedback harshil12 and my Team and I hope to welcome you back to Novotel Surfers Paradise again very soon,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I don't know why I was disappointed really as I have come to expect inconsistency and complacency as synonyms for this brand. How this can be regarded as a premium hotel beggars belief. For one there is "ad hoc" security on the front door... none on the side door (albeit locked after 10pm). You can take a car park lift to the lobby (or just walk into the lobby) and then switch to a guest lift without challenge... once into the guest lift just feel free to take take any lift to any floor without need for a key card. I'm sorry but personal security is a biggy for me and for a premium hotel this falls well short.
On check in I got a welcome drink. Fine, except that it was after 9pm and there is literally nowhere to get that drink! No bar. This hotel consequently feels devoid of life.
Neither is it a well located hotel... surrounded by rowdy bars, yobs lying on the pavement calling out as you walk by. Fast food outlets proliferate and it seems that this location is absolutely least desirable part of the coast. A night-time stroll turned out to be a look-straight-ahead rush to get back into my insecure hotel. To top it off the building next door was getting a new roof ... they worked on it ALL night through so not even a good nights sleep to be had. Is that legal even?
Ugh. I hated every bit of this stay and for 200-plus without breakfast wild horses won't drag me back! What a shock after the incredible Sydney Airport Pullman and wonderful Tamworth Mercure that just keeps on punching above its weight (as indeed do all Mercures).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSurfers, General Manager at Novotel Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Simon R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor post following your recent stay at Novotel Surfers Paradise, I am disappointed that the Hotel, the product and the service therein did not meet your expectations, please accept my apologies.

I am sorry that you felt that the security at the Hotel was lacking, all doors to the Hotel and the car park lifts are locked from 10pm every evening until 6am and there is a strict no registered guest policy at all times.
That said, the Hotel is currently upgrading lift access for all lifts which will necessitate guests to use their room key to gain access to their relevant floor which is the same as the current existing door security system.

I am disappointed to read that you were disturbed by noise external to the Hotel during your stay, the Hotel was not informed beforehand of the overnight works and would have been offer you a room move in order for you to get some sleep. I understand that this offer is after the fact and will not improve this experience.

Thank you once again for your comments Simon R and I do hope that you change your mind and provide my Team and I another opportunity to serve you better in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

ha7p0-gm@accor.com