“Best Burger Shop”

The Real Burger Co.
Ranked #180 of 447 Restaurants in Townsville
Reviewed 21 July 2017

First time ever at this shop on a Friday night and I must admit the burger was fantastic. To start off with, I must admit I bawked at the price of some of the burgers reaching $14-$17 but I decided to choose the hamburger for $10.90. My partner chose the steak burger for $11.90 and we ordered the standard chips. The burger was so delicious, layered with fresh ingredients and an awesome meat pattie, along with the bun being toasted to perfection. The chips were also amazing. The shop was very clean and the staff were kept busy the night we were there. Staff were on point in getting our meals to us in a timely manner. I will definitely be happy to drive the 6.5km past other takeaway shops to frequent this burger shop again.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Been here a few times now, and every single time I end up with one of the burgers on the specials board. The Slawed of the Rings is fantastic, and is a very large burger. Before you eat, make sure you have plenty of serviettes around as it is a very messy burger. The presentation isn't great, but the flavor makes up for it. Wait time is usually 10-15min. Only complaint are that the burgers don't come packaged that well so the paper is usually soaked through by the time we get home, and the burgers are a bit on the pricey side of things.

1  Thank lauraknecht
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The burgers themselves were great (even after picking off the pineapple that i definitely asked to not be on there) great size, heaps of filling; Delicious!
But the service was definitely not great. If i had 1 more minor suggestion it would be to invest in some paper take away bags. Our burgers and waffle fries were soggy by the time we got them home. If we loved 5 more minutes away they would've been ruined.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The Real Burger Co is one of those places you want to see do well and flourish, like that family friend's son who has all the potential in the world but just keeps making bad choices. Sorry to use the analogy on you Real Burger, but I've been here 3 times now and you know the old saying 'third time's a charm'? Yeah, not in this case unfortunately.

We live in a social media savvy world now and that is one thing you guys do pretty well, but in the hospitality industry consistency is key. People want to come in and get that burger or donut waffle cone that they saw on Insta or FB, not this sloppy thing they just paid a small fortune on.

Now that I've got that off my chest let's get on with it. The Real Burger Co is in the wrong location for the prices they charge. You won't walk out of the building without spending at least $25 dollarydoos on a burger because 1- they don't come with chips and 2- waffle fries are the same price as a small 2 bedroom house in Townsville but then again the burgers are extremely steep. I feel that the owners saw Grill'd come to Townsville and thought they could ask similar if not more for products that aren't the same standard. Cause that's what chains do well, consistency. Now I'm a lover of small business, but the products are far too expensive for what you receive, you aren't in the inner CBD.

People eat with their eyes first is how the old saying goes, so one can be a little upset when they pay in excess of $20 and receive what looks like a sloppy burger stuck together by ma's paper wrapping skills. 21st century burgers should look like a piece of art placed delicately in the bag.

I won't get into deconstructing my meals like I usually do because it will only bring more disappointment. Just remember that a bear burger across the road at the fish bar for $8 is what you're competing against, and I unfortunately must say they've got the upper hand at the moment.

Also the tomato paste you put on the 'pizza loaded fries' is disgusting making the rest uneatable.

Real Burger Co this isn't me trying to be defamatory or anything of the likes, this is me trying to help you, by being brutally honest like you would be to that family friend's son so the little bugger pulls his head in and realises what needs to be done.

Real burger co I will be back, one day only because I love supporting local business but in saying that I hope you can give me what I deserve this time around.

Xoxo the Redviewer

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I got the grilled chicken burger and my partner got " The lot" burger. Generous serving and freshly cooked ingredients, could not fault the food! Only thing that could have been improved is having more airconditioners as it was 37 degrees outside about the same inside due to the fryers being so powerful, the poor staff were sweltering! Wasn't the most inviting temperature.