Mercure Townsville
  • Restaurant
City Oasis Inn(Townsville)
Coolabah Motel(Townsville)
View Hotel
All reviewscastletown shopping centreclose to the airportfast food outletsbuffet breakfastrooms are comfortablefamily roomchecking outpleasant staybusiness tripgreat spotmagnetic islandcelsiusreceptionsizzlertropicalpillowsconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in Townsville. The staff were super nice and very helpful and there is a great restaurant. Unfortunately, the rooms are very run down and very small with inadequate storage space and amenities. We also needed to share the room with a family of ants which made it less appealing as well.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Aaron,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and lovely to hear our staff looked after you during your stay. I will share your comments with our team. I am sorry to hear of your room experience and have reported the ants issue to our maintenance manager to take up with our contractors. With the little bit of rain it has brought out all the ants sadly and our pest contractors are coming in for an early spray due to this. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We live a few hours away and so when we visit family we tend to stay with them, however given the pool and location to the city we chose to stay for 2 nights at the Mecure Inn Townsville last Saturday and Sunday. We stayed in a basic family room, with an amazing breakfast included and utlised the pools daily. Where to start with all the positives. The room was beautiful, the aircon freezing (just perfect for 40 weather), the staff were friendly, the coffee was wonderful, the kids pool was at the perfect height for my 2 year old and the breakfast was probably the best self serve I have had in our travels over the last few years. To top it off On our second morning a staff member arrived with a little stuffed toy for all the children in the restaurant. It was an absolute pleasure, so much so that I bothered to write a rare review and I now doubt we will bother staying anywhere else.

1  Thank Katie D
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Katie,

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day and even more wonderful to hear you will be staying with us in future.

Thank you for your kind feedback, and we hope to see you again soon for another wonderful journey with us.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, beautiful rooms, what more could you want? We stayed here a few years ago and came back for this reason. Louisa on reception went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. We will definitely be back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kimberly,

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel but also that you found our staff are accommodating and helpful, especially our Luisa on reception. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I’ll admit when we pulled up in the taxi I was disappointed. It didn’t look anything like a Mecure I’ve stayed in before. But I’m pleased to advise from the moment we entered the stunning reception area I was blown away. I felt like I was in Bali!
The pool area is stunning and set right beside the bar and restaurant.
I wish we had a similar venue in Brisbane.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
MercureTownsville, Front Office Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Kath,

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel and were 'blown away' when you walked into our reception area. It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Usually stay somewhere on Palmer Street and have breakfast at a place there. What a wonderful surprise to see Boobi, the server at breakfast time who use to work on Palmer Street, is now at the Mercure. This is my first time staying at the Mercure and she is a delight in the morning. Always so cheery. I’ve not been in Townsville for 2 years and she recognised me and was most welcoming. This type of engagement is priceless for any business. I’ll be back! X

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Alan,

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit at our hotel and Boobi was certainly very appreciative of your kind comments regarding her. Boobi is a true asset to our team! It is always encouraging to learn that guests are satisfied with our service as it is what we strive for every day.