Wonderfully situated resort with a minimum 16 yrs guest policy so in the middle of the Easter holidays it was blissfully free of the screams and cries of young children. When we walked into our pool pavilion (pavilion #5) we were dumbstruck by the floor to celing windows and the stupendous view across the sound separating Hamilton from Whitehaven Island. We were told that in the whale season you can lie in bed and watch the whales go by. Our pavilion had a large deck with a private plunge pool, big separate lounge area, huge bathroom, etc - all well appointed and nicely finished. Great service all round but guest services staff were especially helpful with some of our more challenging requests for day trips and boat hire. We'd previously stayed at Hayman Island but Qualia knocks the spots off it - there is so much more to do no at the resort itself and on Hamilton generally. The main restaurant has views over the islands and is a nice spot to hang out for cocktails before dinner. Menu is limited but of good quality and you can ask the chef for other meals if you give some notice. Pebbles restaurant is more casual and right on the private beach.
You have your own electric golf buggy to drive around the resort and island - which was really useful getting up the steep hill to have sundowner cocktails each evening at the lookout just outside the resort. Things we did during our stay included:
Beach drop off with a picnic hamper - us, a long sandy beach, a beach parasol, towels, mats, snorkeling gear, a luxury picnic and nobody else - bliss;
My wife had a 2 hour spa session and really enjoyed it;
Sailed the hotel Hobie catamaran around the bay by the hotel;
Hired a Sunsail yacht for the day and self-sailed out to Whitehaven beach and Chalky's bay;
Went to Whitehaven on the Outer Edge catamaran - great day out;
Shopping and restaurants in marina area;
Chilled out beside our private pool and enjoyed room service!
We spent 8 days, could have stayed longer if we had the time, and had one of our best holidays in a long time - we shall be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Whitsundays, qualia puts the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef right on your doorstep. Its sun-drenched northern aspect provides the ideal location to appreciate the passing beauty of each day, surrounding guests with some of the most stunning and spectacular waters to be found anywhere in the world. What’s more, with a direct flight taking only 2-3 hours from international gateway cities on Australia’s east coast, qualia truly is a world-class destination without the journey.qualia offers a choice of 60 individual pavilions, each with breathtaking views. There are spacious one-bedroom freestanding pavilions (Windward and Leeward) that provide an indulgentspace to relax in and unwind, with either a sundeck or private infinity edge plunge pool. Or, there’s the uncompromising luxury and privacy of the Beach House with its own guest pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, MrandMrsSmith, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Qualia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qualia Hamilton Island
- Qualia Hotel Hamilton Island
- Qualia Resort Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands