Reef View Hotel(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$539
US$478
  • Breakfast included
Palm Bungalows(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$257
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$289/night.

Beach Club(Hamilton Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Lagoon Lodge(Hamilton Island)
Agoda.com
1,446 results
All reviewspebble beachlong pavilionwindward pavilionplunge poolbeach dropqualia staffsunset cruisegolf buggygourmet packagetasting menujurassic parknon alcoholic drinksguest servicesour honeymoonhelicopter rideoutdoor showerglass of champagne
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I am currently staying at Qualia with my husband. The service so far has been impressive, our room exceptional and the facilities fantastic. We have travelled to many exceptional hotels and had many amazing experiences so does Qualia live up to these? In many ways , absolutely! In terms of variety for meals, Qualia does lack. This is not a criticism by all means more like a bit of feedback. Pebble beach restaurant is only open for lunch, the view and location is amazing and it's just a shame that it does not open for dinner with a more casual menu. Long pavilion is sensational and I cannot fault the food or service BUT we struggled to get in and had to really push to get seated at a time that suited us. What really bothered me was that their were guests from other hotels dining when Qualia guests were being turned away or been given a later dining option. We were able to be squeezed in but we as guests should not have to feel that way. If there was another dining option lets say at pebbles we would at least have another choice. We had great difficulty also getting into other restaurants on the island which was no fault of Qualia but maybe they should advise you of this upon check in? Apart from this, come here and visit the beautiful resort for yourself. In many reviews there are comments that the staff are young and immature, I employee a lot of young people and the Qualia team is the creme de la creme. James who matched my wines so perfectly. Erin who always was bubbly and helpful. Lisa in the day spa! What a beautiful young lady. Lisa upon check in so professional. Don't listen to the reviews that say anything negative about the team they are great!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Leisa T
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Having just finished a 5 night stay at the resort I think I got a good feel for the place. My expectations were very high but it claims to be 6 star and is in the top league price wise so I think that is reasonable. I have visited quite a few places in the same category so I am comparing against other top end luxury resorts. Qualia I think sets a new benchmark for quality of accommodation in Australia. I stayed initially in a Leeward room and then, when it became available, spent the last 3 nights in a windward room with the plunge pool. The leeward was beautiful spacious with great views. The windward took it to a whole new level. Really very special. Had the gourmet package as I knew there weren't many good restaurants on the island. The food included for dinner is excellent (unlike a previous reviewer I am a harsh judge where food is concerned). It is Australian fusion which is like nouvelle cuisine based on a fusion of European and Asian influences. The not included Pebble beach lunches are also to a very good standard and standards were maintained throughout our stay. Allergies were accommodated without resorting to the old you can have the salad approach. The one complaint was that menu changes were minimal. Most resorts that encourage guests to dine in rotate the menu daily over the week or at least most of it. No rotation here so we tended to eat the same dishes each night. Luckily the seafood options were really good.
There is a downside though. Measured against the standards the resort claims the service is not up to scratch. I am sure the GM will pop on line to explain further but the bottom line is it is a mananagement problem. The staff are young and enthusiastic but many were tired from working multiple shifts and no out were pretty clueless about the step up in services levels in true top end resorts. There was still a fit the guests to the programme approach that prdomnates in 4 star chain resorts as opposed to ensure the experience is enjoyable to the maximum extent possible and tailored to individual needs. Probably I am being harsh but there are other resorts in Australia that provide the whole package (el Questro Homestead comes immediately to mind). It may just be a teething problem and hopefully in a few years time they have a core of permanent staff with years of experience at is resort under their belt.

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Simon T
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Simon T,

Thank you for leaving such an interesting review of qualia. It makes me so proud of my staff to hear that you think that qualia “sets a new benchmark for quality of accommodation in Australia”. We have all worked tirelessly for the past few years to ensure consistent, world-class accommodation for all of our guests and we’re all still very much committed to that. I will pass on your compliments to our new executive chef, Alastair Waddell, formerly Chef de Partie at the 2 hatted Bistro Guillaume in Melbourne. If you are interested in finding out more about Alastair, please see the Chef Bio page on our site.

I appreciate you last point about our staff, however, judging service is quite a personal matter as I note that several reviewers, including Porter051 recently wrote in another review “ We had excellent service throughout our stay”. I’m sorry that on this occasion our service did not meet your expectations. qualia’s staff are carefully selected from a large group of experienced hospitality professionals and I believe, are among the highest quality staff in an Australian resort. They are committed professionals, and yes many are young, but many are also graduates or are completing the Certificate III in Hospitality, the Certificate IV in Front Line Management and the Diploma of Management that are all taught on island here at the Robert Oatley College.
Please let me thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to qualia again soon.

Warm Regards,
Michael Shah

Reviewed 12 April 2012

First I have to say that this is the first (and probably only) time I have ever stayed somewhere this expensive. So I can't comment how it compares to others in it's category, but I cannot imagine ANYWHERE being better, regardless of cost.

From the breathtaking location, to the friendly staff, to the amazing rooms, the entire experience was everything I could have hoped for and more. It truly is a completely immersive experience as they take you into their world and just let you enjoy the luxury and pampering that has given them the reputation that they rightly deserve.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The "Jurassic Park" gates, a beautiful starry night, and the unbelievable setting of Qualia, promises much. Sadly the build-up is not quite matched by the service ; not really that bad but both reputation and price presumes perfection! The food was very good but this is an expensive resort and I guess our expectation was very high. Nevertheless, we would go back (when we have saved up enough!)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David W
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I recently stayed at Qualia for 3 nights with a group of business associates. It was a surprise trip for us as only the organisers knew exactly where we were going. As soon as we arrived at the airport the service was first class you didnt even need to get your bags off the carousel, cool towels and french champaigned followed. I have travelled recently to many places of this calibre and the service was a standout. An example is we were hosted by Penny and Simon until 2am in the morning they made sure we were all alright and even organsied a lift back to the resort without fuss. Bryon the driver made sure all was ok and you could even order room service from the limo on the way back!

Everyone was interested in how everything was and any problems were attended to cheerfully we had Abby look after us all the time and she made sure we were always kept happy and we are a very demanding bunch.

The rooms were modern with nice views and with ice makers (v good to have in your own room) The pool area, lunch restaurant and reception were breathtakingly beautiful. The food was of a high quality, yes Ive had better, but it came close most nights and breakfast was very relaxed and of a high standard.

It has to be one of the best places in Australia. Hands down
Well