Reef View Hotel(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$259
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$317/night.

Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$205
galahotels.com
Beach Club(Hamilton Island)
Palm Bungalows(Hamilton Island)
TripAdvisor
Daydream Island Resort(Daydream Island)
  • Pool
Coral Point Lodge(Shute Harbour)
1,452 results
All reviewspebble beachlong pavilionwindward pavilionplunge poolbeach dropqualia staffgolf buggysunset cruisegourmet packagetasting menujurassic parknon alcoholic drinksguest servicesour honeymoonhelicopter rideoutdoor showerglass of champagne
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

Qualia was a gorgeous treat after 10 days of non stop exploring. The price is very high but understandable given the grounds, size of rooms, and location. The rooms are well appointed and beautiful. We had 3 special nights on Hamilton island. The two biggest pitfalls are the price of everything and the service. The service was very average for accommodations at this level. However, I left my comments and concerns with management when I left and returned home to a written letter from Qualia manager apologizing and explaining the service issues we had. Very classy. Food was good but outrageous. We ate most meals in town or on other resorts. Lovely gem of a property.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Arnule
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Arnule,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of qualia. I'm glad that you appreciated my letter and let me reassure you again that we do take all feedback seriously. We strive for perfection and I encourage my team to focus on making improvements every day. Feedback such as yours helps us to achieve this goal and keep our promise of world class service in Australia, so thank you.

You already have my contact details, so if there is anything that I or my staff can assist you with in future, please contact me. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We were only there overnight but we felt like royalty. Nothing was too hard for the team at qualia and what a team. It was a pleasure just to see the enjoyment that the staff had doing the job that they do. After being chauffeured from your pick up, in our case the marina, you are met at the door to the long pavilion with champagne. I say this to point out the level of service you get. The driver is connected with the resort by radio (secret service style) and is making arrangements for you as you travel around the island. Simple questions about diner arrangements are quickly converted to confirmed reservations for you. Your arrival at the resort is radioed ahead so that the fresh glasses of champagne are waiting. There is such a level of pride in what they do I was not surprised when I saw one of these wonderful staff members a little distressed that she had forgotten the radio call at the gate for a new arrival. The champagne was delayed by only a few seconds but she was disappointed in herself because it was not the qualia way.

The food can only be described as spectacular, restaurants of this quality are rare anywhere but almost never present in resorts or hotels.

This place is special because of where it is, the facilities and most importantly because of wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Windward rooms are simply incredible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear ejboyd,

Well I have to say that it was a pleasure to have you stay with us at qualia and my staff and I thank you for your generous review. All of us working here at qualia are aware of how lucky we are to be working in one of the most stunning places in the world and we all care deeply about providing a world class hospitality experience for our guests.

I was delighted to read that you liked our point to point communication system. This is exactly what I mean when I talk about the care and attention to detail that qualia staff possess. We put the guest at the heart of everything we do. I will be reading your review out in my staff meeting this week.

We would all love to see you come back to qualia again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I was traveling alone to a fishing destination and thought I deserved some proper rest and relaxation. I couldn't have picked a better resort in Australia. Qualia is a beautiful and well thought out resort. The hotel's lay out was very reminiscent of the Four Season's in Mahe Seychelles. However, at Qualia I got my own buggy and didn't have to rely on others to drive me around. I loved being able to zip into town on my own buggy and felt I had the best of both worlds by being in the luxury of the hotel grounds but had all the accessibility and freedom to explore Hamilton Island on my own.

The Spa was fantastic and the treatments I got were great. I opted for their signature 180 minute men's treatment and felt I was in the hands of a goddess. I felt and look great afterwards. Definitely worth the price. One of my fishing friend's got a massage there after returning to port and he also thought it was one of the best massages he ever got. he just wished he hadn't fallen asleep.

During my brief stay i mainly ate at the restaurants in town and Mariners and the Steak house were both very good. Reservations are needed but the friendly hotel staff can take care of that. Breakfast at Qualia was well prepared but I have to admit I missed having a big breakfast Buffet.

The price of everything at Hamilton Island is expensive but i never felt that I wasn't getting value for my dollars.

Like many solo trips I just wished my wife had come but she hates fishing and Qualia was just the first phase in a great fishing trip but that is for another report on a site dedicated to fishing!!!

Room Tip: windward pavilion's with the infinity pool is always worth the extra charge. i swam a couple of times a day in my little pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rob T
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Rob T,

Reading the review of your stay at qualia was really gratifying. Thank you for writing it and sharing your experience with everyone using Tripadvisor.

Every qualia pavilion comes with its very own golf buggy for getting around the Island. Sometimes guests staying at qualia can get so absorbed in their surroundings that they forget that there's another world outside our giant gates. Having your own golf buggy gives you the independence to go out exploring the island whenever you want and anyone who has driven a golf buggy knows how fun they are!

I'm glad that you were able to experience one of the treatments at Spa qualia. It really is an amazing spa, recently receiving Australian Gourmet Traveller Magazine's Best Spa award for the third year running. It was my wife's birthday recently and we decided to treat ourselves to the Wine Lovers Spa Ritual. You can read about the awards that it's won and read reviews of treatments but it really is something that you've got to experience firsthand to understand.

We try very hard to provide the best value that we can and I'm pleased to hear that you think that we are delivering on this. qualia is obviously not cheap but our guests swear that it is good value for money and we obviously agree.

Thank you again for your brilliant review and I hope to see you, and perhaps your better half, staying with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Let me start by saying that this hotel is AMAZING. My husband and i stayed here earlier this month for 6 nights. It was our first 'real' holiday together without the children. Our children are 3, 5 and 6 so yes it had been a while!

We were greeted at Hamilton island airport by an array of very professional staff members from the hotel. Were were offered cold water and towels to freshen up and then escorted to a VW luxury van to be transported to the hotel. We didn't have to wait for our luggage as the hotel staff collected it and delivered to our room once we were checked in.

On arrival to the 'Long Pavillion' (this is where the reception area, restaurant and bar areas are located) were were greeted with veuve champagne and shown to a very comfy lounge by the hotel manager. The view from the long Pavilion is stunning. The weather when we arrived was not amazing but it still looked breathtaking.

The check in process was easy and welcoming. Madaline checked us in and throughout our stay was extremely helpful.We were offered more champagne, our pre booked activities were confirmed and we were then shown out to the buggies where we collected what was to be our only mode of transport for the week. We followed Madaline down to Pavilion 24 and were left to explore the room.

The Pavilion was just as i expected it to be. Amazing architecture. Abundant use of natural timbers. Luxurious decor and fabrics. And a view that i would be happy to wake up to every morning for the rest of my life.

There was a welcome bottle of veuve on ice waiting for us and we were more than happy to sit on the beautifully upholstered lounge drinking it while enjoying the view.

We had dinner in the Long Pavilion restaurant for the duration of our stay and although the menu options were not really to my personal tastes the food was very good. The wait staff are all very professional and their sommelier Adam is incredibly friendly, professional, and very good at his job. My husband thinks their little dinner rolls are to die for and with a wide variety of flavours being offered over the 6 nights we were there his favourite was the Cheddar and truffle oil. I liked the mustard which i happily had every night.

Pebble beach is the lunch restaurant and bar and is located next to the pool. The food there was really good and when we felt like aioli with our chips the chef was happy to whip some up. We also requested BLTs on a few occasions which they were also happy to produce. Simon was fantastic with his cocktails and i fell in love with the cilantro sangriento's comprising of chilli infused tequila, lime, coriander and a few other things. My husband could not even drink them and Simon cringed each time i ordered one as it meant he had to taste before serving it to me. He did well because i ordered a few!

The breakfast up at the Long Pavilion was really nice. Fresh juice, coffee, tea, fresh fruit, continental buffet options (the croissants were yum) and a wide variety of made to order hot options. A very relaxed atmosphere and even with bad weather and the blinds down it was still an amazing view.

We had pretty terrible weather the entire time we were there, including crazy fog, heavy rain and extreme humidity which was a little upsetting for us as we had planned to do a lot of water activities but it did not stop us from having a great time.

We did the couples 'wine' spa treatment which was incredibly relaxing for the both of us. We also had a warm stone massage which we really enjoyed. We would have liked to have had a few more treatments but due to the terrible weather most of the other guests staying at the hotel felt the same way and we were unable to get in for any more treatments. The spa is very nice, the staff very professional and i must admit i am a bit of a Spa snob. I am super fussy and am a regular spa goer and have very high expectations. The Qualia Spa exceeded my expectations and i was very satisfied with both treatments.

We did a cheese and wine tasting on one of the evenings with Adam the sommelier. I have fallen in love with a particular Pear Pecorino cheese thanks to this little educational evening. Adam was a wonderful host and we really enjoyed learning from him. I was a little cruel making my husband do this as although he loves wine.. He is certainly not a big fan of cheeses. He did so well though and Adam and I even managed to get him to try a Blue Cheese. I think only because he knew he had a very nice glass of wine waiting there for him to wash it down with.

My husband arranged rather sneakily to have our room prepared on one evening with rose petals, champagne, freshly made cakes and chocolates and a hot bath waiting for us for when we returned from dinner. Madaline helped him with this and although he only gave her a few hours notice she was able to orchestrate the whole thing and have the chocolates made. Speaking of the chocolates. Wow. Amazingly delicious. Hats off to the chef on those.

We also did a beach drop off. We had Ricky down at activities drop us over to one of the islands where they had already set up an umbrella, towels, lounges and a picnic. We lasted around an hour but as i have previously said, the weather was terrible and it became so windy that our umbrella was flying off. So we called Ricky on the phone that was left for us and he happily came and collected us earlier than we had arranged to be picked up.

We did a sunset cruise on Qualias own boat ATOMIC and had the entire boat to ourselves as the other couple cancelled. We really enjoyed the Cruise and the staff were really friendly and also informative. Their knowledge of the island and it surroundings is very good.

The Qualia Boutique is really nice and has some amazing apparel and accessories. The staff member that was on when we went in however was far from amazing. This would have been my only negative experience from the entire stay. She was rude and unprofessional. I come from a previous retail background and if i had staff members behaving the way she did they would have been issued a written warning. She did not greet us immediately. when she did she was not genuine in her greeting. We had just come from the spa and were dressed very casually and probably looked half asleep and she questioned us as to where we were staying as she obviously didn't think we looked 'pretty' enough to have possibly been staying at Qualia. She then left us to look and whist we were looking she got on the phone to someone. She proceeded to have a very unprofessional phone conversation telling someone various options of lies that she could tell to tell her boss that she didn't want to work there anymore. She was on the phone for around 20 mins and when ending the conversation she told to other person to text her later and she would call her back from the shop phone instead of her friend wasting money on a call. I was there that long because i had a ring in my hand that i wanted to purchase. we had to wait for her to end her personal conversation before we could purchase the ring. I was utterly appalled and it made me feel very angry. Individuals like this do not deserve to be paid a wage to do what they think is work.

We were originally due to leave after 4 nights, however due to the weather our plane was unable to land and therefore obviously unable to take us off the island. There was incredibly bad fog for three days and we woke that morning knowing that we were probably not going to be able to fly out.

Now in my life pre children i would have been absolutely ecstatic by the prospect of being stuck in a 6 star hotel on an island for an unknown period of time, however, this was our first holiday away from the children and i was not a very happy mummy that afternoon.

The staff were very professional and helpful through out the day and when we arrived to the airport there were literally hundreds of people EVERYWHERE. The Qualia staff let us sit in the car until they heard that they were actually going to start checking people in and when this happened they helped us around to the priority check in area. We were then advised that the flight would not be departing and were advised that the next available flight was going to be two days later. So we changed our flights and headed back to the hotel.

When we arrived back i was quite upset. The staff quickly arranged for us to go back to our original room and i appreciated the swiftness considering how upset i was. The hotel gave us complimentary accommodation for the first evening and only charged us the lower room rate for the second evening which we were also very grateful for.

When we arrived back to the room we tried to get into spa Qualia but they had no availability. The reception staff were able to get us into the other spa on the island and they dropped us down there in the VW and also picked us up. We had a pedicure and i was also impressed with this spa. It was no where near as nice as spa Qualia but was still clean and professional.

We got a little bored on our last day there. there was fog, rain and nothing much to do. My husband went down to the activities area and the staff member that was on said he would take us out on their little inflatable to have a little look around the island. I was pleased to get out of the room at this stage and although it rained the whole time we enjoyed it and even saw a few turtles.

We finally flew out after 6 nights and although i was rather stressed for the last two days, i left the island feeling very relaxed and rejuvenated.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is super nice and lived up to my very high expectations. Thank you Qualia for giving us both the break that we had been looking for.

Room Tip: We had Pavillion 24. when we return we will request another room as 24 looked down over pebble beach and was not very private.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alysianech
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear alysianech,

Well I’ve got to say that i’m thoroughly impressed by your review of qualia. At almost 2,000 words, your review is by far the most detailed review I’ve ever seen and it’s one of the best reviews I’ve had the privilege of responding to!

The main reason why it has taken me a bit longer than usual to respond is because I wanted to ensure that I responded as accurately as possible and there were some things that I needed to check on. So here goes....

First of all, I want to thank you for mentioning the great service that you received from the staff at qualia, specifically Madalin, Simon, Adam and Ricky. qualia is privileged to have the calibre of staff that we do have and my staff and I really appreciate it when we get good feedback for our service. Madalin is a real professional and a fine example of qualia’s culture. qualia is famous for our food and wine and the knowledge and skill that staff like Adam and Simon possess contribute to this reputation. And Ricky is a great Activities Supervisor, tailoring activities to guests to ensure they have the best time possible.

It’s heartening to know that you had such an amazing time at qualia despite the unseasonably bad weather. As a father myself, I completely understand why you would have been upset to be separated from your children. Thank you for your patience and positive attitude. I am sorry about the weather but I’m delighted to see that it didn’t stop you from having a great stay.

I was interested to read your comments about the quality of both Spa qualia and Spa wumurdaylin. Spa qualia recently won Australian Gourmet Traveller’s Best Spa of 2012 award but knowing that actual guests (and spa aficionados such as yourself) are so impressed, means just as much to us. Like you, I recently did the wine spa treatment with my wife for her birthday because I’d heard so many of my guests rave about it and our expectations were also exceeded.

Finally, I’d like to address your mention of the qualia Boutique and apologise for the service that you received during your visit. qualia boutique is staffed and managed from another area within our company and I wanted to check with my colleague there before responding. He advises that the staff member that you mentioned has since left, so I couldn’t get an explanation from her directly but regardless, it’s very disappointing and I apologise unreservedly for her behaviour. You may be interested to hear that we have now employed an experienced high-end fashion manager who will be based at qualia Boutique fulltime. We are now confident service is back to expectations of a 5 star Boutique.

It was a real pleasure to have you and your husband stay with us and I’m proud to hear what a good time you had. Despite all of the uncertainty and upheaval due to the weather, you managed to leave qualia “ very relaxed and rejuvenated” and I‘m very proud of that fact. If you are considering coming back to stay with us, or if you just want to know where you can find the Pear Pecorino cheese that you loved so much, please get in touch with me and I will be happy to help in any way that I can. My email address is mshah@qualia.com.au

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The most beautiful resort I have stayed at. Luxury at its best. The rooms are magnificent with their own pool, outdoor double day bed, sun beds, a beautiful bath, most comfortable bed and we didn't even get time to switch on the TV! Views are out of this world with nature at our finger tips. Service was fantastic. The Spa beautiful. Wow, wow , wow. Only problem is we did not want to leave.

Room Tip: One with a pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rubiru
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Rubiru,

It was so great to read your review of qualia. You're absolutely right about the views from the pavilions - if you stand up right next to the glass walls and look out over the ocean it feels like you could reach out and touch the water.

Please note that the Windward pavilions such as the one that you stayed in are 120sqm (or about twice the size of a new inner city apartment) and have a plunge pool. The Leeward pavilions are slightly smaller at 90 sqm and are beautifully appointed but they don't have plunge pools. However, we do have 2 other pools and direct access to the Coral Sea so there's plenty of options for getting wet no matter which type of pavilion you stay in.

It was our pleasure to have you stay at qualia and we hope to see you back soon.