Hamilton Island is another world buzzing with Buggys, yet once the grandeur gates of Qualia open, you enter ecstasy. This place is like no other.
Reception greets you with a magical sea backdrop, a fabulous glass of French bubbly and you are told to sit, lift nothing and do nothing but be pampered. And that we did for 3 days.
We booked the Leeward Pavillion, which was beautiful, however did request to change rooms to get a pavillion with a pool (Windward Pavillion). Bite the bullet, upgrade and you get so much more bang for your buck in difference. Larger rooms, fabulous pool/ entertaining area. So so luxurious.
Enjoy the facilities, it was hard for us to leave the resort. Breakfast - amazing! Share a cheese platter at the Main poolside dining area, another view not to be missed. And have a go at Sailing, you will be looked after. Quite a thrill.
But do enjoy the ride. We loved the world of buggys. If you forget to charge overnight, fear nothing, its like you have little martians who come around at all times of the day to ensure you are charged.
Only downside - Crazily expensive. If you want a Burger / BLT by poolside, be prepared to depart with $50. I was embarrassed as an Aussie at these rates. Overseas guests were speaking very negatively of this.
I loved the place, but because of the ridiculous prices, it will be hard to get me back. Once in a lifetime experience though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Whitsundays, qualia puts the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef right on your doorstep. Its sun-drenched northern aspect provides the ideal location to appreciate the passing beauty of each day, surrounding guests with some of the most stunning and spectacular waters to be found anywhere in the world. What’s more, with a direct flight taking only 2-3 hours from international gateway cities on Australia’s east coast, qualia truly is a world-class destination without the journey.qualia offers a choice of 60 individual pavilions, each with breathtaking views. There are spacious one-bedroom freestanding pavilions (Windward and Leeward) that provide an indulgentspace to relax in and unwind, with either a sundeck or private infinity edge plunge pool. Or, there’s the uncompromising luxury and privacy of the Beach House with its own guest pavilion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and HotelQuickly so you can book your Qualia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Qualia Hamilton Island
- Qualia Hotel Hamilton Island
- Qualia Resort Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands