Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
PricelineUS$91
Hotels.comUS$91
StayForLongUS$105
1,667 results
All reviews hindley street great location washing machine rundle mall bedroom apartment public transport secure parking walking distance great place to stay car park city centre free tram across the road would stay again accommodation balcony laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

A quiet location that is close to the amenities. Staff were helpful at recommending restaurants, and shopping (groceries), as well as public transport public services (library). Rooms were clean, with the option to have them tidied daily.

Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Alison Baker, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Thanks for taking the time to comment, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

I did not feel safe staying at this hotel. experienced a guest throwing a glass bottle off a balcony into the street - these guests were not evicted. People drinking in the corner of the carpark were seen by the hotel manager but not approached. Loud and noisy guests during the night that disrupted my sleep. The areas within the hotel complex but outside of the room needed a thorough cleaning. The process of putting out bins and bringing them in occurred between 3am and 5am which disrupted my sleep. The presence of the Remand Centre next door gave me an uneasy feeling. A false door in the lift swinging freely did not give me confidence the lifts was maintained correctly.

Room tip: Suggest avoiding rooms along the laneway at the rear of the hotel.
Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are sorry to read of your experience and can assure you that the safety & security of all guests is of the upmost importance to us. I will be sure to bring your comments in relation to the public areas of the hotel to the housekeeping team for review. I apologise that the dwing door was left open, this is a requirement for transpotation goods and may have been accidentially left open by a team member or guest and is certainly does not effect the maintenance of the lift which is carried out by a contracted lift specialist.

Reviewed 17 February 2021

The Break free accommodation was very nice, easy to find, easy to check in, easy access to the car park - room was clean and very limited noise over night - I was there on a Friday and Saturday Night and still very limited noise

just be aware of the cost to park the car - cost me $80 for 4 nights which I thought as a guest of the accommodation was a little expensive

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Alison Baker, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on you recent stay. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. In relation to the cost of the Car Park, we charge guests $19 per night for full access to the secure parking at the hotel. For a City Centre hotel this is considered at the lower end of the pricing scale.

Reviewed 6 February 2021

People from Bar below rooms loiter around rubbish bin to smoke and talk. lots of yelling at each other and very loud conversations. awoken on several occasions by this kind of noise. Apartment Owners / Managers should liase with Adelaide Council to combat this issue. maybe security outside bar to move people away or no loitering signs where a fine applies.

Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Alison Baker, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

HI Tony, Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am so sorry that you expereinced noise from outside the hotel. Please rest assured that I will be discussing your comments with the owners / managers of the adjacent venue. Once again thank you for advising me of your concerns. Sincerely, Alison Baker General Manager Breakfree Adelaide

Reviewed 27 January 2021

Ok so this one is a case of the Good the bad and the ugly.

The good is the bed was awesome no really it was great nice and firm even for someone like me who has a back issue so top marks there. Additionally the pillows on the bed allowed for suitable adjustment to preferance (height & firmness).

Staff were also very engaging and friendly Accore really has done well in this case with continuity of service and customer care let's be clear here 5.0/5 for desk staff.

However the Bad would be while house keeping did tidy my room up and freshen towels and amenities somehow when they made the bed the bottom of my bottom sheet was pulled up exposing the mattress protector which wasn't great but also not the hardest thing in the world. Also the curtains in my room had black marks on them in a stripe pattern about 30cm long, time for a clean.

The ugly: whatever refit was done to this property was not quality refer to photos. Highlights include the cabinetry in wet areas not being sealed properly especially with laminate panel edging this will stink out the rooms eventually with the odres of rotting wheetbix board. That said the room definately do not smell yet. Regardless of if it's an extraction or ventilation
System in the bathroom it's not clean and there was no movement of air I steamed out the whole room everytime I showered.

As a final point of interest Ozyduct conduit for wiring in guest areas while not illegal is tacky and a Hazzard for busy children.

Also Wifi is fee for service and at times barely faster than dialup think 2007 home broadband with your dad on a Skype call brother playing COD sister on my space and now your trying to YouTube.... Not cool

All this aside the price point is passable and all room defects are repairable without a major refurbishment.

I also was woken up at 2 am on the first night (morning) to the sound of two homeless blokes having a go at killing each other outside the lobby door (apparently this is why the front door is not automated rather a card in or buzz in affair)

The appliances worked and I really liked having both a washing machine and dryer in my room which is a huge value add considering laundromat prices.

Pros
Good bed, great guest service staff, washing machine and dryer in room and not fee for service

Cons
Housekeeping rushed, fitout either poorly planned or wearing prematurely, have to pay for internet access and is super slow

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AccorHotels.com
Alison Baker, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the BreakFree Adelaide.
We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate positive and constructive feedback and I can read from your feedback we have some area, which we will need to focus on and improve.
Please be assured that I will follow up directly with the Housekeeping and Maintenance Managers to review your comments and make any necessary changes to improve.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.