All reviews rooms are small melbourne street great location lion hotel short stay car park king size adelaide oval ironing board cafes and restaurants secure parking across the road comfortable bed free bus definitely stay here again per night night stay
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I've stayed in many motels in Adelaide this is the hidden jewel. This is my second stay there and I have already booked for my next stay at the end of the year. It is basic but comfortable and has all I need. Only issue was not being able to book parking in advance.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
tac_79, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi motelmog,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments and am delighted we have become your hotel of choice in Adelaide!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

my pregnant wife had a headache and we could not see anywhere close to hotel to get panodol. we asked the young Asian lad at reception and he said don't worry I will get for you. An hour or so later we had a knock on the door and he had a new packet of panodol. he would not take any money either. King size bed was awesome also.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank magpiemate

Hi magpiemate,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments and am delighted you enjoyed your experience at the Minima!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

The art work was admirable but the rooms were very small. There was limited space for luggage and only one pillow per person. It was very clean and secure. The staff member at reception was friendly, well-dressed and helpful. I think the hotel is letdown by the area as Melbourne Street is promoted as a tourist destination but it is the historical buildings in the streets and the gardens that are the attraction. The restaurants are very ordinary except for UR and Monsoon. It is a short 20 minutes walk along the river and through the grounds of the University of Adelaide to the North Terrace where the Science Museum and Art Gallery are located.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi pchand,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments and am glad that you enjoyed your experience overall. For any future stays I can personally recommend The Lion Hotel, The Store, E for Ethel, Bliss Pizzeria, The Kentish Arms, The Spot on Melbourne as very high quality food and beverage options within a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Very disappointed and angry even though the hotel itself is quite nice. Upon arrival the hotel was already paid via booking.com and this was confirmed at the reception. Despite this they charged my credit card again and thus made me pay a second time after I left. I noticed it begining of the week, but up to now the hotel has not answered my email. Would not stay at their hotels again! Watch out for fraud!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Yan,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments and am disappointed that a billing error has affected your experience.

We did charge you twice. Your email was sent on 5th April and the review posted on the 6th April. I understand your frustration but can assure you there was no fraudulent intent on our behalf. The refund was processed as soon as we were aware of the issue. I have emailed you with a reply and to confirm the refund has been processed, with no response. I trust all has been rectified financially.

My apologies that this error detracted from an otherwise positive experience.

Thank you once again & I hope we can be given the opportunity to welcome you back to Majestic Hotels in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic location on Melbourne street with lots of restaurants nearby. Room was small but well set out and very clean. Staff were helpful and for an extra $10 you can park securely. Great night sleep.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
tac_79, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay.

I appreciate your comments and am delighted you enjoyed your time with us!