New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Leederville
“Poor air conditioning & silly policy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Room and staff were pretty good and location great. Air conditioning only works with key in (pretty common). However, room was too hot when we checked in and took 4 hours to cool down. When we left during day, we left key in to keep room cool. Staff removed key, leaving room too hot on our return. Stood by their policy to remove keys when room not occupied and offered to move us to another room with same policy! I get conservation but the air conditioning system simply isn't up to it.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Tmagperth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've stayed at Crowne Plaza Adelaide on several occasions, and my most recent stay was as enjoyable as ever.

This hotel is located in an amazing part of the city and is central to most major attractions. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and the rooms spacious and comfortable.

My only critical comment relates to the hotel's restaurant Red Salt. This is the second time I have eaten there for dinner and both times I have been surprised by the fact that the menu is not particularly over burdened by choice. This time the food was not particularly up to scratch either - particularly considering the price.

Breakfast on the other hand has always been generous and lovely (although still quite pricey)

All in all, I'd certainly recommen Crowne Plaza if you are in Adelaide

1 Thank ozvpm_andy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza for my fiances birthday. We've stayed there before and it was fantastic which is why we returned, and we were not disappointed. From the moment you pull up the service is impeccable. The guy at valet made us feel very welcome and was cracking jokes with us. When i booked i vaguely remember mentioning we were staying for my partners birthday. During check-in the girl wished him happy birthday. We had our room upgraded to a balcony and received late check out too. She kindly made a dinner reservation for us too. She must have passed on that it was his birthday because when we arrived in the restaurant, Red Salt, they also wished him happy birthday. The food was to die for and our dessert came out with happy 30th birthday written in chocolate on the edge of the plate. He looked at me and said "did you organise this?" I hadn't, It's the finer details like these that makes the Crowne Plaza so special. The whole stay was wonderful i wish i could stay here every weekend. We will most definitely be back for my birthday.

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe and got up graded to a room with a balcony overlooking Hindmarsh Square, we loved...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Dont expect a five star hotel here.

Location is excellent near to everything. Bit of a problem at checkin. when Arriving from a long flight from London I realised my australian credit card and money was in a purse at the bottom of my hand luggage.The girl would not let me go to my room and then come back down again with the credit card. As I had prepaid for the room and as a middle aged woman dont think I look like the sort of person to trash a room or drink the bar dry I was a bit astounded. I then had to unload all my personal effects onto the reception counter in order to find the credit card.I was not impressed!!

The room was fine but not large.If my husband had been with me I would have only had about 6inches between the bed and the chair beside it, not sure how I was supposed to get out of the bed. I had no bath and the room was overlooking a carpark.The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Staff were friendly and service good , especially for adelaide where service can be poor.

Would stay again but only if on special, wouldnt pay full price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank holidayloverAdelaide
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the crowne plaza on Feb 20 in a king dlxe room.The room was very clean and bathroom fantastic.Staff were always polite and helpful.Valet parking was easy and the buffet breakfast was a delight.
Great location for shopping in rundle mall,2 min walk and 5 min walk to great restaurants and cinemas in rundle street.