InterContinental Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$97
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Miller Apartments Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$86
  • Fitness centre
Pullman Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$90
US$83
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
Oaks Horizons(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$87
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

Ibis Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$89
US$74
  • Room Service
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$121
  • Restaurant
Quest On Franklin(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$136
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$155
US$139
2,514 results
All reviewsloft suitenorth terracelounge baracross the roadpillow menuart decobuffet breakfastside streetlovely hotelroom servicespa bathconcierge staffadelaide ovalrailway stationrundle mallstandard rooman upgrade
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed one night in June on family business. I have stayed here before and loved it. Check in was painless and over in about 3 minutes. Room 420 facing lane and car park but how much time do you spend in the room? I don't pay for my case to look out of the window.
Room had everything I needed including quiet when big curtains closed. Plenty of hot water and is it really too hard to carry the soap from the basin to the bath?
Breakfast extensive and a good price. If the scrambled eggs are gone ask the chef to cook you some - he cooked me two fried eggs while my toast was browning.
Tried the spa and enjoyed it - maybe the pool could be about 5 degrees warmer. Nice place to sit in the bar and watch the world go by.
Checkout painless and when I mentioed I was going to wait in the bar for my son to arrive I was given a free coffee.
Sebel Adelaide is good - ignore what the whingers have said. Got a good deal on wotif.

Room Tip: ASk for high and talk pleasantlt with the check in person.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I needed to stay near the convention centre and had a list of nearby hotels. I selected the Playford because I was on business and travelling alone, and thought that I'd selected a "budget" hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good the hotel was for the price - a lot, lot nicer than what I normally get in this price range. The staff are super friendly and super helpful, the room I got was spacious, well-maintained, clean, and the public spaces in the hotel are inviting. The restaurant and especially the bar are elegant with an old Adelaide splendour. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ChrisfromPerth
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Located on North Terrace, directly opposite the Convention Centre, casino, train station and only100m from Rundle Mall, this is a very centrally located hotel. Positively recommended if you stay for business or pleasure. It was fully booked the weekend we stayed with a number of social and sporting functions. As other contributors have noted, it’s not quite 5*. The rooms are spacious, well renovated and comfortable. Some nicer and larger soap than a 6cm one would help – there are already nice fresh towels, scented sticks and other toiletries in the bathrooms. Staff are very welcoming and helpful.

A must if you stay - is to enjoy breakfast in the restaurant. As a frequent traveller, the buffet and a la carte offerings were unparalleled. The buffet items were all incredibly fresh – ranging from exotic fruit juice concoctions, home style fruits (generous quantity of raspberries and strawberries), range of bakery items, home made preserves, and some fabulous organic eggs and bacon.

Tips
* driveway and Reception access is on the side lane not on North Terrace
* check WOTIF for additional reservation discounts, then cross reference with the hotel website
* ask for a higher room and be aware that late night laneway noise may occur as there are several pubs adjacent

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Whiskie8
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Sebel Playford to attend a concert. I admit to being surprised when I found out it was a 5 star hotel on the last day of my stay as it really felt like 4 stars at best. Eg

1. They skimp on the bathroom supplies. You only get one cake of soap, which you constantly need to transfer from the shower to the sink (there is not even body wash which I will often use as soap if only one cake is provided). For 2 adults you only get 2 towels. So all you ladies who like to wrap your hair in a towel and dry with a separate towel (like me) you can only do that if your partner doesn't mind using a wet towel or not showering at all! We thought of asking for more towels, but given the poor response to other requests (see below) we did not bother as we did not want further disappointment.

2. They promise complimentary things and then don't deliver them. Eg a complimentary paper was only delivered to our room on one morning instead of both. And a complimentary bottle of water that we were promised was not in our room on arrival. We asked for this on day one. Again they promised to deliver it straight away but promptly forgot. After a second reminder the next day they finally came good on their word. For a 5 star hotel I would expect better service.

3. They divide breakfast into 2 sittings and encourage reservations as the eating area is small. We fully understood this and dutifully obeyed by booking our breakfast and turning up at our alloted time. However, our table was not ready and we had to wait 20 minutes until it was.

4. Don't sit at the table under the balustrade in the eating area. Waiters constantly drop things on poor patrons below, including knives and cups!

5. The breakfast serving area is small and quickly gets crowded and difficult to serve yourself at the buffet during the second sitting. So go for the first sitting if you can get up early enough.

6. The scrambled eggs go quickly at the breakfast buffet and take a while to replace. A small but annoying point for this who love their eggs

7. Waiters remove your empty plates and glasses at breakfast. But no one ever offers to get you another drink (or anything for that matter). I expect better service from a supposedly 5 star hotel. They just don't seem to employ enough staff to provide a truly 5 star service

Overall, a fine hotel if you thought it was just 4 stars. Disappointing if you were actually expectibg the 5 star service and stay promised.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed 4 nights in a room that had an alley view, but that was OK as it was quiet. Superb beds and very helpful staff (thanks Marco!).

Room Tip: Don't worry about a view - the alley side rooms are very quiet,.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple