The Playford - MGallery by Sofitel
  • Room Service
Oaks Horizons(Adelaide)
Plaza Hotel(Adelaide)
View Hotel
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)
Oaks Embassy(Adelaide)
Stamford Plaza Adelaide(Adelaide)
  • Fitness centre
2,464 results
All reviewsloft suitenorth terracelounge baracross the roadpillow menuart decobuffet breakfastside streetlovely hotelroom servicespa bathconcierge staffadelaide ovalrailway stationrundle mallstandard rooman upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived really early on our first day and the service was great, they grabbed our bags, found us a room, upgraded us, etc. Advised us of the free soft drinks we were entitled to in the minibar and gave a really.good welcome to the hotel.

We headed to our room which was an odd layout and location in the hotel. It looked into another buildings windows and a small courtyard. It was quite an aged room and the bathroom whilst had everything you want, it lacked thought in layout as everything just got in the way. All in all the room was fine but nothing to rave about.

The location is decent and we found most things walkable.

The wifi was awful, there is no excuse in a major city to have wifi so slow that Web pages take minutes to load.

The breakfast was really outstanding but so it should be for 35 a person.

When it came to checkout is where the hotel really undid a lot of good work. 1) they didn't take off a credit we were entitled to and when I corrected them they didn't refund the credit card fee portion only the amount. (small but annoying) 2) they then charged us once we left for all of the soft drinks we were told were free. We didn't go crazy luckily but still annoying.

So all in as a platinum accor member and the quality plus service left a lot to be desired. Shame as it started so well.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bryan C
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a deluxe king room which was lovely - the bedroom was set on a mezzanine level. The hotel is nicely appointed with great amenities, lovely art nouveau feel. Fantastic location in the city, close to everything. Some of the cupboards etc feel a little dated, but they're overshadowed by the other more timeless features. Had an issue checking in (hotel had checked me in early, prior to my arrival but forgot and spent 5 mins drilling me about if I was sure I had booked the playford etc - not what you need at 12am) but there was lovely attention to detail in other welcome aspects.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We have previously stayed at the Playford & decided to try it again . We had originally booked the Mercure next door as we were running a conference. However after viewing the room we quickly rang the Playford.

The reservation desk were fabulous & offered a spa suite at a reasonable rate. We found the staff at this hotel to offer outstanding friendly service.

Our suite 602 was spacious with a separate bedroom & living room. There was a small kitchenette with fridge , tea & coffee making facilities.

Breakfast - excellent especially the omelette. Very tasty

The Art Nouveau bar is fab for drinks , coffee & a casual lunch. I ordered lunch here everyday & found it to be very reasonable.

Location - excellent location with the casino & railway station across the road. It's a 5 minute walk to Rundle Street Mall.

Overall - handy location, excellent friendly staff , comfortable boutique style hotel with modern facilities. Will stay again as it offers a "home away from home " atmosphere..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellemay
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

On arrival the doorman held the door directed us to reception. After checking in showed us to our room he took the bags.
We were on an early flight from nz so getting our room at 11.30am was awesome.
Everything tidy clean and in order.
Hotel in central place for city.
Used room service 1st night. So easy and very polite.
The gym and pool great. Its big and so clean. The laundry also great.
Sad we could not stay again after our murray river cruise as fully booked.
Will stay again and recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always enjoy my stay.

I love the service, comfortable rooms and location.

My only criticisms are around getting access to food. Eg there is only the buffet for breakfast in the restaurant area. I have had the buffet breakfast on a weekend when staying there, but I don't have time during my stays in my working week. If you want a quick breakfast you have to eat in the bar area, which is not comfortable for a 5 foot high woman trying to get on a bar stool or stand or compete for a lounge when someone vacates. While I'm happy to pay for good food, I think the needs of people in this area are overlooked. I also could not get a table for dinner in the restaurant until late this was despite staying at this hotel for 3 nights and asking the hotel to organise. I ended up having room service one night (see photo) and eating out at Crown one night and the Marriott another night with other business associates who stay at these hotels due to food access issues, which I now understand.

I'd recommend this hotel but be prepared to work around the food access issues.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business