“Like dinner at mums place”

Tangritah Uyghur Shishkebab Restaurant
Ranked #665 of 1,864 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Uyghur food
Description: Uyghur food
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is brilliant. Servings are large and very tasty. The different peppers add such fire. Food is so hot and fresh you'd swear it was made from scratch after you order it. Like dinner at mum's place. I love it. All those who say *hey there's no alcohol* - yes, this is a Uyghur halal restaurant. They have really good ginger beer to wash down the tasty spicy foods.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Brig V
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

I ate at the Tangritah Uyghur restaurant for dinner earlier this week. It is rare to find Uyghur restaurants in Australia, so I was really looking forward to the experience. It is also in a unique building (looks like a former church).

It may not be exactly as fresh or tasty as eating in Ürümqi, but it is a very close attempt (as close as I have found in Australia). The meat on skewers cooked out the front of the restaurant was completely authentic, as were the spices used. We ordered some DaPanJi (big plate chicken) which again was authentic and delicious.

The Naan was authentic, and we also had some green beans with chili that was great. The tastes took me back to when I lived and travelled in China, and the whole experience was very authentic. Uyghur cuisine is a unique subset of central Asian cuisine, and one worth trying.

I’d definitely return here when next in Adelaide, and highly recommend the restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank OzML
Reviewed 22 August 2020

Customer service was not warm or inviting - i am a dark skinned female; I walked into the restaurant and the waiter in traditional dress, looked at me like I was a ghost. he was abrupt with me and took ages before he came to me. Very upsetting. Also when I went up to the counter to ask for cutlery, i advised the cook that his food was tasty, he was gruff with me and turned away. My food took 45 mins to arrive - the bbq's chicken wings on a skewer was delicious. But I was charges $30 for a chicken dish i ordered that was more sweet sour sauce on vegetables than chicken.
i had to ask another customer for info on ordering drinks. The waiter kept running away from me when I tried to ask for cutlery, order drinks etc.. As delicious as the wings were, I won't be returning - also the restaurant was freezing.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020

Uyghur from East Turkestan is one of the best cuisines, a mixture between east asian and turkish. Adelaide has some great choices also and this restaurant is in the best building. Of course we had lamb shish-kebabs for entree and we tried the laghman with chicken and thick noodles. Will be back.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank RandolphCarter1919
Reviewed 1 November 2019

I went because I like to try food that might be culturally unusual. Uyghur food reglects a culture influenced by China and the Middle East. Expect chilli and naan, lamb on skewers that are more like swords than twigs. They have vegetarian and vegan options and can cope with some food intolerances. The chef came out to check with us. It was a great experience. Oh, if you like a bit of chai, the huge pot of cardamon tea was excellent - don't be put off that it is tea bags. Very fussy me was impressed.

Date of visit: October 2019