“Meat lovers' paradise”

Kaffana
Ranked #42 of 1,811 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: US$9 - US$48
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kaffana is a unique Serbian restaurant and bar celebrating family, friends and Balkan food. At Kaffana, we treat our guests like they are family. Our dishes are designed to be shared whilst providing authentic Balkan flavours. Our food & Wine are supported & sourced from local producers and our traditional Serbian dishes are handed down from generation to generation to produce dishes you won't find anywhere else. Owned by the Vujic family, our food is inspired by years of home cooking and family feasts. We only cook with love and transfer it to your plate. We are passionate and proud of our culture and food. From our family to yours, Prijatno!
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I have been to Adelaide many times and on this trip decided to try Kaffana. Firstly, it is not easy to find the street it's on as it's off the main thoroughfare and there were other restaurants along the same stretch competing for our attention. Our hearts sank when we saw that the place was full but the nice wait staff found us two seats on a long table sharing with another party next to the main entrance.

We ordered the baby back ribs and it didn't take long for our orders to arrive. The ribs were well season and cooked though I thought it was a little dry. The magic is in the seasoning rub. I have been to so many restaurants and tried so many grilled dishes, but never have I tried one which is so flavourful and aromatic. On the second night - yes back to back dinners - we had the special platter. The beef was perfectly cooked with just the right amount of charring on the edges, the chicken on the skewer was fantastic, the pork sausage roll was just heavenly. The lobster tail was so-so but that's what happens when you grill seafood.

Oh, did I mention that the potato salad was done to perfection? Traditional Serbian style potato salad but not too vinegary with the right mix of tangy vs sweet. The slaw was good too but I felt sorry that I ignored it the whole night just focusing on the main star.

Need I say more? I was in a meat lovers' paradise.

2  Thank d0gbert

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable pig (or sometimes lamb) on a spit cooked out front. Incredibly delicious and comes with slaw and potato salad. Range of Serbian beers served in a Serbian pint glass. 600ml of joy and a very good wine list. Book if you want to sit inside as it fills quickly! Also... try the curd!

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 30 August 2017

this place has the best meats,the food is out of this world.We had dinner there where i ordered a tasting plate with variety and my fiance' bought ribs.The coleslaw tastes different,i do not know what they make it with but it tastes surreal.The service was impeccable and the food came surprisingly early which was good.Well worth the money.

1  Thank Tendai K
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We tried to book prior to Port's last home game but was fully booked. Decided to go anyway and found that there is a burger place across the road under the same management. Walked in early and was warmly greeted by all the female staff. Enjoyed tap ale , wine and was even offered a jug of mild tasting stout which was supposedly at the "end of the line". I must say it was really nice and brother in law who doesn't drink beer was even impressed. When it was time to eat we ventured across the road and ordered burgers which came with these unbelievably good chips. As the restaurant was full we asked if there was any chance they could pack some chevaps and send across the road to be cooked with our burgers. To our amazement they were only too happy to oblige. As an Aussie Serbian I was in heaven. The food was absolutely delicious. Cannot recommend it highly enough. My brother-in-law and I are definitely coming back (prior to Port's home final) to eat in the restaurant proper. My mouth is salivating at the thought. the day cannot come quick enough. My recommendation is to book early. It is not an overly large restaurant and you wouldn't want to miss out.

1  Thank johnjovanovich
Kaity W, Manager at Kaffana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thankyou so much for your beautiful feedback. We appreciate the time and effort you have taken to write such an in depth review.
I will be sure to share your appreciation with the whole Kaffana family, and we look forward to seeing you again for Ports home final!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We had actually planned to go to another restaurant on peel street but there was a bit of a queue so we carried on walking and stumbled across this place... and aren't we glad we did! From the moment we walked in, the staff were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Every staff member was really friendly and chatty. We ordered some amazing Bosnian beers - fantastic. And the food, oh my god amazing, and such good value! My boyfriend ordered a steak which was literally the size of the giant plate that it came on. The potato salad and coleslaw/salad also deserves a mention - they were absolutely delicious!

These guys have got it right, this is how restaurants should be run. Well done, absolutely fantastic!

1  Thank sox_y_z