All reviews underground experience great sunset sunrise and sunset unique experience small window degree view underground motel staying underground bucket list in town free wifi constant temperature great place to stay stay there again family room johns pizza underground living
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I only had a single night at Coober Pedy but my time here was comfortable and had excellent views from my hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpfull when it came to dining suggestions and sight-seeing options. I wished I could have stayed longer.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Visiting Coober Pedy was a special event for my best friend on her birthday. I had imagined a few mine mullock heaps in a flat boring desert. What a surprise. And the first delightful surprise was our beautiful modern apartment dug into the side of a hill, with views over the town and surrounds. Nick came to pick us up at the airport. This is a family owned and run motel. Nick has been a "local" since the early 1970s. We loved the sheer beauty and rich natural colours and textures of our unique motel. This reflected the awesome beauty of the desert. Although I am mildly claustrophobic, we had a small window in our apartment that negated this problem. We had to walk to and from the town as there is no public or private transport in Coober Pedy. However it is a safe environment. Nick and his lovely wife are typical of laid back, friendly helpful and multicultural Coober Pedy. Something about the extreme risk-taking and incredibly hard work in wide open spaces that brings out the best: I am, you are, we are Australians.

Room Tip: Even people with claustrophobia would be OK with the underground aspect of this motel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I have always wanted to stay in an underground motel and this one was perfect. The room was beautifully furnished and very clean considering you are inside a hill. The room has a small window next to the door that opens to the hallway. The hallway is wide and kept lit, so if you felt a bit phobic you could leave the blind open to let in a bit of light. The hallway smelt very nice.
My husband was not keen on the idea of staying underground but once he saw the room he was fine.
The only issue we had was with the toaster but that was soon sorted and the staff were very helpful. There is a set breakfast of toast and cereal for a small cost that they leave in your room if you want. We found this very handy. I would definitely stay here again,

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We stayed here for two nights in a two bedroom apartment and it was a great experience and would recommend to everyone. The owners were very friendly and helpful. This hotel was close to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Queen two bedroom
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Such an amazing place and to walk up on top of the hotel to see the sunrise and sunset was brilliant. Room was great. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Would reccommend a stay here, great for family or couples.

Room Tip: great view