“Great fun!”

2-Day Kangaroo Island Adventure from Adelaide
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We hired a sandboard and then swapped halfway through for a toboggan. Both were so much fun. We hired one board between the three of us and that was plenty. It was a hard slog to get back up to the top of the dune but so much fun coming down.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"sandboard"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Went to sand boarding with my partner in early April, it was great although it took me a lot of strength to drag the sand board to the top of the sand dune. Worth trying! It's better to go in the morning, otherwise it can be really warm. We didn't stay there long due to tight schedule.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t waste your time, money or effort driving to this overrated experience.
Not kid friendly as advertised, very expensive & extremely rude staff.
Would not recommend to anyone. There’s plenty of more enjoyable activities on the island.

1  Thank Daydream765110
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived with Korean friends. As Little Sahara is not a national park, I took my dog on a leash. I had no intention of snow boarding, but I hoped to sit and wait for my friends. I was told in no uncertain manner that it was private property and dogs weren’t allowed. It was a very hot day so I was obliged to sit in a hot car in the car park.
Furthermore, the attendant told my friends that as it was 4:20 they would only have 40 minutes. My friends don’t speak English and I had been banished, yet they were still obliged to pay the full amount for the limited time - $37 I’m told. Total rip off.
I have a suggestion for those planning to visit Little Sahara. Save your money. Go to Pennington Bay (free), climb a few Sandhills and enjoy the best views on the island.

Date of experience: February 2018
3  Thank Dapigu
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2018

This was a fun afternoon activity.
The climb was a lot tougher than I imagined it would be. Sand does not pack under your feet the way snow does. The closer you get to the top the harder it is to make progress. The ride down is fun, but difficult to steer. Highly recommend sunglasses to keep sand out of your eyes. A small towel to help brush off the sand after is helpful. You WILL have sand all over you.

Date of experience: December 2017