“Choco Waffle with strawberries”

Hardware Street Cafe & Bar
Ranked #226 of 5,206 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Cafe Bar located in small busy lane way serving breakfast/brunch all day. Best Freshly Baked Belgian Waffles in Melb, served with ice cream, melted chocolate, strawberries etc. Enjoy Brunch and coffee inside or outdoor under the umbrellas and enjoy the sun. Happy Hour every day. Enjoy the traditional aperitifs selected beers and local wines. New Bar menu after 5pm
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve bought there coffees for long time. What is GREAT!!!! But it was the first time I’ve ever tired a waffle and I loved it! So delicious!!!! I'd recommend for my friends for sure!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve had my best waffle ever!
It made my day. Really good time with friends there.
Actually, we also had a mushroom burger and it was beautiful. I’ll go back for sure!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I had the Canadian Boy Waffles and a large vanilla latte for my breakfast here.

The latte is one of the best I’ve had. Perfect mix of vanilla. There’s nothing worse than too little or too much vanilla, but they got it right.

The waffle could have been a bit bigger, not much, but a bit would have been nice. And they could probably have used more maple syrup. However, the bacon was supreme, and I mean supremely perfectly deliciously good. It was stacked high and was super crisp. It could not have been better.

I would return.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Cosy cafe, great coffee, friendly staff, good food. I had Canadian waffle, husband had big breakfast. It was BIG. He was pretty chuffed, but couldn’t finish it all. Service was efficient and food was fabulous. Definitely would visit here again. Yum.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Lucky to be staying close to Hardware Lane while on a visit to Melbourne. Lots of options to eat, and I can recommend this place.
It’s only a tiny cafe and in the morning there was a regular stream of locals popping in for coffee. We decided to eat in, and I had a delicious Bircher muesli- bursting with fresh fruit. Husband thought his eggs Benedict was great too.
Our daughters also visited for lunch and raved about their meals too.
Waffles are a specialty of the house, we didn’t try them but they looked mighty fine!

1  Thank GayleJP