Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$119
  • Fitness centre
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$118
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$116
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Room Service
US$186
US$182
US$216
US$188
Trip.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$94
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$109
US$187
US$168
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssouthern cross stationbed dormfemale dormrooftop areaflinders streetyouth hostelkey cardtram stopbring earplugsfree tram zonebudget accommodationthe ground floorfirst floorfree wificrown casinoenjoyed my stayperfect location
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Clean, good price, great staff.
Great location for walking to docklands, federation square, botanic gardens, etc.
Has a cafe right in the main floor.
Recommend this hostel if you'll be in Melbourne area

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I had about 24 hours in Melbourne after a trip to Alice Springs and decided on the Melbourne Central YHA based on its reviews and proximity to the Southern Cross bus station. I was not disappointed! The hostel is well marked and easy to find and within close proximity to the bus & train station and tram system. It's also located within Melbourne's free tram zone which allows you to explore the city very easily either by tram or on foot. The hostel also posts recommendations of things to see, do, and eat in the city which I found helpful in planning my itinerary for my limited time in the city. I stayed in a female only room. There was plenty of space for 6 guests, including lockers under each bed. The wifi is free in the lobby and you can pay a fee to get wifi access in your room. They also have lockers where you can store your luggage for a fee. Linens are free, but they do charge for towels. The bathrooms were clean and they had nice showers/changing stalls. So all in all they had everything I needed for my brief stay in Melbourne!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank crmsnprd
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

bed is comfory; central location with everything within walking distance, shops, convenience store, food outlets, supermarkets and so on....; really helpful front staff in helping you out;
if there’s anything downside it would be the 6 bunk bed room is fairly small, also the kitchen towels is not really enough both in quality and quantity....

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I only live about an hour out of Melbourne, my suburb is on the metro train system. But when I’m going to a concert or show of some kind, I always book a night at Melbourne central yha to save the hassle of catching a train close to midnight afterwards. Why is this hostel my go-to? It’s in a fab location, just a short walk from southern cross station, or tram ride to flinders street station. It’s always clean and tidy, and the beds are definitely comfy and well maintained. The staff are always helpful and friendly, and the kitchen is well equipped. The building is safe and secure.

The rooms themselves have plenty of PowerPoints for everyone to charge their phones/tablets etc... and the in-room lockers are definitely handy, and being under the beds they don’t take away any floor space. The rooms aren’t small by any means, there’s definitely plenty of room in them (I normally stay in a 6 or 8 share) but lockers can be bulky and take up a lot of space. The bathrooms are definitely some of the cleanest I’ve experienced in any of the hostels I’ve stayed in too. Also I’ve never had any issues with my stays, but when I’ve noticed fellow hostel guests having issues and have raised them, the staff have gotten onto them right away and fixing it.

If you’re new to the city of Melbourne, or you need a nice place to stay for a night or two while hitting the town for a show, I highly recommend this hostel!!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I needed to submit my application for my visa for canada ( on christmas ) today! everything was closed and was in desperate need for help and BASTIEN who works at reception at the melbourne YHA central was THE hero that ensured i got what i needed for the preparation of my trip to Canada, since i have stayed at this hostel before and knew the service was great, and i knew i could count on the crew from YHA!

I would like to thank Bastien for his patience and help!