4,329 results
All reviews mr hive luxe room infinity pool casino complex valet parking pre dinner drinks shower and toilet steam room floor to ceiling windows top floor room service buffet breakfast city view modern hotel corner room south bank yarra river
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Our first experience at Crown to surprise my girlfriend and propose on her birthday. Check in was a 20-30 min wait, card details which were given online were asked for again and price read out out loud, and roof solar panel views from the room

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Crown Resorts and Medallia
1  Thank TimothyJohnVogels
CrownHotelsManager, Executive General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TimothyJohnVogels,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I was naturally concerned to learn of your experience with us which certainly does not meet our usual high standards. You have raised several concerning points which I have addressed with our management team.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to reinstate your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We had a excellent stay here, the room was clean, comfortable and we really enjoyed the pool.

We also had access to the sky bar which is located in Metropol’s towers, the open windows and belcony allowed us to great views of the CBD.

Stayed: November 2017
CrownHotelsManager, Executive General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Adventureswetake,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

It was wonderful to see that your overall stay with us was so enjoyable and that you enjoyed the views from 28 Skybar Lounge. With so many great facilities within the hotel and Crown complex, there is no shortage of activities for you to enjoy.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Nice, helpful staff let me check in early after my overseas flight, very comfortable vibe in this hotel. The lobby is a bit stark but the rooms are spacious and well appointed, plus very clean. Comfy bed, good shower, well stocked mini bar. Iron, hair dryer and tea making facilities in room plus ice maker down the hall. I used in-room dining a couple of times -service was fast and friendly, nothing missing from the order and decent servings. I’d definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
CrownHotelsManager, Executive General Manager at Crown Metropol Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear sharonthekiwi,

Thank you for your excellent review. It was wonderful to see that your overall stay with us was so enjoyable and that you enjoyed your in room dining experiences. I will be sure to forward your kind comments to my team and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcome back again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We stayed here recently for four days with friends. The travel agent had mucked up the booking for our friends, however, the hotel was happy to fix the mistake and upgrade our friends room at no extra charge. The rooms were great. Large, clean and with wonderful views over the city. The location is perfect for seeing the city and wandering along the riverfront in the evening. The pool was fantastic! Overall, we had a wonderful stay and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear sophid73,

Thank you for your five-star review.

We pride ourselves on our friendly and welcoming service, and I was delighted to hear that my team demonstrated this throughout your stay. I am so pleased that my team were able to amend the errors with your booking.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

This place is modern styled so I prefer it, the service from the staff has always been above and beyond even when I am being a bit of a pain they are still genuinely interested inn masking my stay better in whatever way is possible to them.

I come often and sometimes at busy times like end of year parties, I know to arrive hours before checkin and just do all of the paperwork and have a lovely chat with then staff before the rush starts, Go away for lunch and get a call when all is well, no lone, pick up card and bags are already inside.

A big one is if you know that the stay is coming monitor the gift stores promotion as monthly they change and most of the time you can get a new robe for every gift card..

I booked a couple of things, paid all in gift cards and got 4 robes and a blanket for free (good stuff too!)

Room requests can be tricky, If I say ill be early it is too hop someone doesn't pinch the loft I want, But being so nice they set up a very high level loft to be used by me upon arrival at my stupid early hour.

How nice was that? I felt terrible to say it but I needed it to face the eastern side and has to wait :( But the whole time I was there I never forgot how they saw a room and a patron and got it rolling before I even arrived.

Ill be there again on the 8th December, again ive booked a loft, For once though I am really hoping for high level east side as ive always been way down on 9 11 @ 12

I don't smoke but my friends do, I only found out via this page that there. may even be an option for a smoking loft? (east facing!! (two lounges)
If there I I hope someone see this and shows me the magic they alway do.

Im there for a few nights, would be nice to be able to enjoy it.

POS- Keep up the amazing service at all levels, A bigger ice bucket option
NEG- Steal the amenities from towers (toothbrushes there pease lol

Room Tip: As for room choice. its all LOFT for me.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business