Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$118
  • Restaurant
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Fitness centre
US$167
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
US$193
US$181
  • Pool
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$109
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$96
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$118
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Room Service
2,204 results
All reviewsst kildagreat locationtram stopfull size fridgealbert parksmall balconystudio roomchapel stroom servicepublic transportbusiness tripgreat place to staycomfortable bedreception staffshort staywould stay againgreat room
Reviewed 7 September 2015

We stayed at Mantra St Kilda Road last weekend for 3 nights and have very mixed views about it. Whilst the hotel is in a good location, it seems to be badly run.
We had two adjoining family rooms which was meant to have some living area but both rooms had unfunctional spaces. They had long hallways into a compact space which had walls and balconies running off them. The space was not uniform so felt small and cramped. I'm not sure why a tiny, cramped balcony had been added at the expense of floor space. The rooms are completely cluttered with too much furniture for such a small space. This resulted in the queen bed only having one bedside lamp, not one each side and no room whatsoever to walk around the bed. Despite filling the room with furniture, there was inadequate storage.

Despite booking two interconnecting family rooms we arrived to find the connecting door closed with furniture in front of it. My husband had to move the furniture around to try to get the door open.

We were on the second floor which meant that the live music from the bar below could be heard. This was fine for a Friday night but not early on Saturday morning. I had to ring reception to ask them to turn the music down assuming it was either the cleaners or breakfast staff playing the music.

The staff were very hit and miss, sometimes acknowledging us as we walked through the reception, other times not. The lift button broke twice over three days which seems unusual, not that it's specifically the hotel's fault.

On the first day, on returning to the hotel, we couldn't make up our mind whether the room had been serviced or not. The bed was not properly made but there were clean towels in the bathroom. We were disgusted to see that the dishwasher had been turned on in each room with 2 mugs in one dishwasher and one glass in the other. This is definitely not environmentally friendly.

On the second day, on return to our room the room's hadn't been serviced. The housekeeping trolley was down the hall. I asked a female member of staff who was in the hallway with a mini bar trolley whether we could have some clean towels and she told me to go and look on the trolley myself and turned around to continue her mini bar work. I looked for the housekeeping staff who owned the linen trolley as I couldn't see the bath towels. I went back a few minutes later to see if there was anyone else to help me but no. so finally found the towels in a bag on the trolley. I understand that the mini bar staff might have a different role but this was very poor customer service.

We have rated this hotel average as it is in a good location with parking and the rooms have nice soft furnishings but they need to get the basics right. The shape of the rooms we stayed in was not functional, too much unnecessary furniture and clutter and the service needs improving.

Mantra is a brand who usually performs above this level. We are returning to Melbourne in a month or so but will not be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Cameron J, General Manager at Mantra St Kilda Road, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Sorry to see we missed the mark for your last visit to Melbourne.

You have certainly given me some great items to look into. Some I can fix straight away, but some may take time and I can certainly add to our list of itmes to look into for the next refurbishment.

If you do reconsider and return to try us again, may I suggest one of our Two bedroom apartments, they may be better suited to your family. While the interconnecting studio rooms are ideal for some families, sometimes that additional space in our Two Bedroom apartments is worth the little bit extra.

I do hope though that you do reconsider and come back to visit us again.

Regards,
Cameron

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

What a fantastic experience! Friendly staff greet you at this prime location to help you check in to a very well equipped and beautifully presented room! Be sure to consider the mantra if you are visiting melbourne, highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

I enjoyed your review and I can let you know that read it out to the team at this mornings meeting. It has certainly given them inspiration to continue to deliver the style of customer service we have become known for at Mantra St Kilda Road.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon the next time you are in Melbourne.

Regards,
Cameron

Reviewed 1 September 2015

A relatively central hotel on St Kilda Rd where you cane easily catch a tram into the the central city. Clean, well equipped with very helpful staff who kindly obliged all my requests including a change of room.

Room Tip: Keep away from the lower levels at the back of the hotel where there is a service lane if you are a light sleeper like myself.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2015

My wife and I stayed here recently on a Saturday night and found the Mantra staff really pleasant and the hotel itself very clean and tidy. We would certainly stay here again and overall it was great value!

Room Tip: free onstreet parking available nearby over the weekend
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend with my partner & two of our friends. We had a 2 bedroom apartment - which was 2 interconnecting rooms, which is perfect to get the bit of privacy but still feel like your in the same apartment. Clean and neat. We requested a late checkout, girl at the desk gave us until 12.
Couldn't fault anything during our stay!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple