“Best Meat Known to Man.. Nuff said.”
Review of Bob's Steak & Chop House - CLOSED

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Price range: US$22 - US$58
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Docklands
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Ok here we go. First thing's first. From the moment the napkin hit my lap until my partner and I left the premises.. FANTASTIC experience throughout. Even the warm crusty bread was amazeballs. We ordered the meat platter (main) after much deliberation. It came with spicy sausage, lamb rack, fillet mignon and BBQ pork ribs with a mustard seed sauce to accompany the spicy sausage. Everything was perfect! The steak was the best I ever had and that's saying something. The lamb rack was tender and perfectly cooked. The pork ribs with a sort of hickory BBQ sauce melted in my mouth and the spicy sausage tasted authentically homemade with real meat (far from that average supermarket kind) which the mustard seed complemented perfectly. Threw in nice red for good measure too. As for service, second to none. Attentive, numerous yet professional and knew their stuff. Prices are reasonable for a place that serves up high quality grub. Music was great, tried to shazam it even. Didn't have dessert, can't help you there. Anyway awesome joint, go there. Nuff said. :)

3  Thank Christopher R
Bob_Shine, Guest Relations Manager at Bob's Steak & Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you Mr. Christopher for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Pleasant interior and good staff service but my food was awful - I had pork belly starter which was like super glue that stuck to your teeth and took 15 minutes to prize out of your teeth, followed by a main course of pork spare ribs starter (double portion) which was smothered in a hot chilli sauce for some unknown reason. I wouldnt go back again but my two guests enjoyed their steaks. This restaurant does not know how to cook pork, at all.

1  Thank roryjdoyle

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed them onto the Chef & Manager. We make every effort to ensure our menu items are cooked to perfection and apologise you were not happy with the experience.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have been here 3 times with my family and all 3 times it has been excellent. The service is above standard, waiters a very polite and friendly the food is delicious. It's not a cheap restaurant. You get what you paid for and that is great quality food. The dim lighting can make this a great intimate dining experience as well as a casual dinner with mates.

1  Thank Ketrin C

Thank you for your words of encouragement and support. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had a Nee Year's Eve special fpdinner there, what a great experience!! good foods, good services... and live music!!
Speaking of live music, they performed Japanese pop music!! becsuse i'm japanese???
i don' know, but it was a fanastic performance.

If i could visit Melbourne for New Year's breaks, I'd love to visit this restaurant.
i assure you will have a lovely time!!!!

2  Thank mypolaris1622
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Very late food for a business lunch. Arrived for lunch at 12:30 and still no food by 2pm and some of our party had to leave for meetings. Only explanation given was "we are busy" or "it will be here in five minutes". It's steak and bain marie vege's, not hard stuff.

3  Thank JSH_MEL_AU