“Superb service. Very knowledgeable and helpful”
Review of Carlton Wine Room

Carlton Wine Room
Ranked #83 of 4,425 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Description: The Carlton Wine Room is a comfortable neighbourhood space with a strong wine focus, and a menu to match, finding a home in a 19th century building on the corner of Drummond and Faraday Street in the heart of Carlton
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The layout is low-key stylish. The passion for food and wine is evident from the time you enter the restaurant until you leave. The red snapper (and the sauce served with it) was a real highlight, but all the food was of the highest quality. Assistance with the wine list was also excellent. Thanks for a great lunch.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Thank you to the team at the Carlton Wine Room for making our dining experience so unique! Everything we ordered was perfection and to top it off, the staff were amazing. I highly recommend the CWR, it is by far the best place to dine in Carlton.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

What a fantastic restaurant. The food is amazing in particular the Pumpkin and Ricotta Dumplings. All staff are very welcoming and attentive and the atmosphere is just superb. Highly recommend this place, you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

New management have taken over and the decor is bright, fresh and very cool. We were in the cellar, an awesome room for up to 20 which would make a great spot for a staff lunch or Christmas party.
Started with a cocktail or three that were delish, really fresh. The Carlton Collins was my preferred, its their take on a Tom Collins with ginger and rosemary! Yum!
The food was amazing! I’d never had a duck and prawn croquette before but I will again cause it was amazing! The bread was still warm and I could have filled myself on that alone. Cheese, wagyu beef and baby snapper that was perfectly cooked filled my tummy then I got fat on their rum baba cause it would have been wrong to have left any on the plate! Service was superb and wines to match. Couldn’t fault it but this room has low ceilings so ask for another if you have any 6’5 monsters in your group then I’d ask for a different room.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a glass of wine with a group of friends. The decor was lovely. Thev place has been stylishly renovated. I had a French white. It was lovely. I enjoyed it here and would certainly return.