All reviews albert park queens road st kilda rd good size room service busy road a short tram ride botanic gardens top floor buffet breakfast stayed one night public transport room was spacious checking in city gym
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We came to Melbourne for a day the Australian Open Tennis. The staff were extremely helpful and we had a hassle-free early check-in. It was very convenient that we could park on-site and leave our car there. Trams passed by frequently a block away on St. Kilda Rd. Our room had a beautiful view of Albert Park. It was a spacious room with a queen bed and a table with comfortable chairs.
We have stayed here a few times in the past and it seems to just get better. For value for money, it's our favourite hotel in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Ask fir a room with a park view. It's stunning.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry_Wonthaggi
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay while attending the Australian Open. I have forwarded your review on to all of the staff here for their congratulations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Bayview Eden Melbourne.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This hotel is in need of an update. The decor is very dated and looking a bit tatty. The carpet in our room was very stained greyish/mud colour and the room itself had a very worn appearance. The good points include the location - it is a short tram ride into the city - opposite the golf course and Lake Albert with the Bay in the distance - although the dirty windows did occlude the view somewhat. Another positive was the free on-site parking, which would be the reason we would stay here again. Mixed responses about the staff - for example, on enquiring about purchasing a Miki (this is a "credit card" type pass required for travel on the trams), we were advised by a staff member on reception that they were $10 each, but the next morning, when we purchased it, we were advised by another staff member that they were $14 each. Check in/out were uneventful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I will ensure your feedback and the points you have raised are shown to the appropriate people.

I can confirm that the Myki Visitors Pack are $14.00 each ($6.00 for the card and $8.00 of preloaded credit) which will enable you to use public transport for 1 full day. You can also purchase the cards themselves (at 7eleven & Melbourne Train Stations) for $6.00 and load as much credit as you like, depending on your itinerary.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

A diary of my brief visit... Checkin, simple and efficient with a smile, upstairs and into a dated but clean corridor, key worked first time, room is large enough and all the furniture matches ... so far so good. Room service menu adequate and food delivered in 20 minutes , pleasantly surprised by the quantity of fruit on the platter and equally disappointed by the size of the Eden Burger, but it was delicious and that is the main thing. Then on to the bed, and what a disappointment. As a veteran traveller of over 1000 nights in hotels I am always keen on having a good quality bed / mattress combination to deliver me a nights sleep. Sadly the mattress had seen better days and to be honest Tony Abbott would give Julia Gillard more support at the upcoming election than this horrible thing afforded me... Buy a new mattress for room 414 and I will gladly come back...

Room Tip: Do not pick 414 ...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your review has been forwarded on to the relevant Department Managers and the necessary action will be taken. I can confirm that the Hotel are in the process of replacing the mattresses and will ensure room 414 is completed next.
I hope you do choose to stay at Bayview Eden Melbourne on your next visit as I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

From arrival to our departure, I cannot give enough praise to the staff of the hotel.From reception to the cleaners, nothing was a problem.We had an early appointment in the city and they allowed us to check-in two hours early.The room was absolutely fantastic with views across the golf course to the lake.On sunday we had a town reunion in the Fitzroy gardens, and on checkout
I asked if we could leave the car in their carpark, it was not a problem. We would not have any hesitation staying there again. ps. Breakfast was bloody marvellous. Peter & Irene Floyd. Ouyen Vic.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bayview Eden M, Front Office Manager at Bayview Eden Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I have forwarded it onto all of the staff here for their congratulations.

Whenever the rooms are available, we are more than happy to allow for early arrival. However, we can not guarantee this for all stays due to the late check out we offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We last stayed at the Eden Bayview, Melbourne, at the end of November 2009. Our review from that period still applies, though the room we stayed in, on this our latest visit, showed signs of regular use and had reached the stage of needing superficial maintenance and improvement.

For instance, the work table in the room had ugly holes in the veneer and a damaged, chipped edge, the sofa chairs had threads hanging from under the seat which made it look as if the stuffing were falling out, and various wall and furniture surfaces showed scuff marks and scratches. We had a cleaner replace a coffee mug, as it had a crack inside which did not allow thorough washing.

In wanting to retain its claim as an upper-grade hotel, the owners-managers might want to execute a programme of room renovation to eliminate the used, worn appearance and feel of rooms. Also, the corridors could stand redecoration to make them more inviting and less institutional.

Note that free newspapers and magazines are available in the lobby only and no longer on the console table in front of the lift-elevator of the floor.

Room Tip: Upper floor; away from the lifts-elevators; facing the park, lake and sea in the distance. Avoid rooms with a connecting door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at the Bayview Eden Melbourne.

I have forwarded your review onto the appropriate Mangers to discuss and take the necessary course of action regarding the points you have raised.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to Melbourne.