2,840 results
All reviews pensione hotel shoebox room southern cross station great location rooms are small spencer street shower door short stay crown casino the ground floor airport bus sky bus single bed comfortable bed tram stop public transport one night stay
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here many times over the last 4.5 years and every stay is the same... perfect... great location near southern cross station. Friendly staff. Comfy beds what else do you need.. certainly recommend this place for any stay in melbourne..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Duke D, General Manager at Best Western Melbourne City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Dugg0,

It's a pleasure to have you stay with us again and thank you for your lovely review!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for work function & it was perfect! Yes, very small room but clean, tidy & well located. Nothing fancy, but great value for money. Reception staff were excellent & helpful. Would recommend when staying in Melbourne

Hi gmac73,

Thanks so much for your 5* review!!

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

After being worn out from driving all afternoon we needed a decent place to stay without breaking the bank. The receptionist I believe was still training but did a great job and was friendly and helpful. There is no elevator but we stay on the 2nd floor and the stairs were easy. The room was clean and the hot breakfast was nice too. I would recommend this place and would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Duke D, General Manager at Best Western Melbourne City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hi Kingcrabb65,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendation!
For the benefit of other readers we do have two lifts for guests to use up and down the floors.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was here for four nights at the end of April, right before the property transitioned from the 'Pensione' to a Best Western. The property has good potential, but I got the impression that management was letting a few things slide during the handover. A thorough cleaning and a fresh coat of paint were definitely in order. My room was upgraded from a 'matchbox' to a 'shoebox'-sized room. I thought that the shoebox was more than enough room for one person. The room was quiet and the wifi worked well. No view though. The location is an easy walk from Southern Cross Stn and the Circle Tram is right there. The restaurant options in the immediate vicinity of the hotel aren't great, but it's a short walk across the river to the neighbourhood of the casino, or just hop on the tram. Some sprucing up would go a long way here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hi jaykay99.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.
Your feedback allows us to continue to focus our energy in the right areas, with our guests experience in mind.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my 2 night stay in this nice hotel. The building is beautiful, the ladies at the reception very polite and friendly and the location cannot be better as it faces the Yarra river and is 5 minutes away from Federation Square, museums and the wonderful Eureka skyscraper. I certainly recommend this hotel. My individual bed was perfect for a baby sleep and the bathroom was petite but had everything I needed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Duke D, General Manager at Best Western Melbourne City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Good morning Feli,

It was our pleasure to have you stay and thank you for your glowing review it is really appreciated!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best Western Melbourne City Team