InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$109
US$88
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$130
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$95
Hotels.com
US$296
US$239
  • Pool
Oaks On William(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$105
2,315 results
All reviewsthe club loungealluvial restaurantambassador membermarket lanecollins streetjunior suitebeautiful hotelnatural lightrain showerstar hotelheritage buildinghigh teaan upgradevalet parkingbuffet breakfastcrown casinosouthern cross station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

l Have been to InterContinental Hotel Melbourne many times now and every time it just gets Better and Better. l go to Relax and Enjoy First Class Luxury that this hotel offers.
From the moment you step out of the car you feel Like Royalty!!! The boys at the door are very friendly and give you a warm welcome as they take your luggage. (l even got nice comments about my luggage). The Check in staff has always been quick and friendly. This time the wrong room was given by mistake. Yes they are human. People make mistakes. No big deal. As l went down to reception it was quickly sorted out. l was even shown personally to a room to make sure that l liked it. How is that for Service!!! l was Extremely Happy and Impressed by this. The luggage arrived in less than a minute from the other room to our new huge room with Club Lounge Access. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable with everything that you need.
We stayed for 2 nights over the Easter Break. We had our 3 Children with us who had a great time and loved the pool. All the staff made us and the kids feel very welcome, always smiling and saying hello. This is what makes a Hotel. You can have all the latest technology the largest flat screen plasmas. But without the warm friendly staff a Hotel is nothing. Room Service was fast and the food was Great. Buffet Breakfast was Fantastic!!! Friday night was busy in the Club Lounge it was very full. Instead of us waiting, they gave us the board room to use. That was great. l felt the staff went above and beyond for us. l can not speak highly enough about the staff in the Club Lounge!!! Saturday night was just as busy. But the staff made sure everyone was happy. So did Kishor the Guest Relations Manager, who was saying hello to everyone and making sure everything was running smoothly. He came up to us and the kids to say hello. He Said "l saw you here last time and last time you were pregnant". That was 2 years ago!!! l could not believe he remembered me and my husband. That made my night!!! l was even more impressed. He asked us when we were leaving, so he could see us before we go. We were checking out and sure enough Kishor was there to ask as how our stay was? Perfect of Course. He had made the time to say good bye. That was very nice. Well Kishor must be doing something right Managing the Hotel. We Keep Coming Back. l think this is our 8th time back and we will continue to do so.
Keep up the Great Work Kishor!!! 5 Stars All The Way!!!
Thank You & See You Soon Mrs S Nawaz.

Room Tip: Get A Club Room For Sure with a Bath or Get a Package Deal Well Worth The Money.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Champane
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Champane,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your review.
It warmed my heart to read of your great stays with us and that you were remembered so fondly by Kishor and the Club InterContinental team, I will certainly share your delight with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your 9th stay, and we hope to see you all sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

It was an experience of a kind. Having stayed for a week felt very unhappy about the front office and decided to checkout and booked myself at Crown Plaza, Melbourne. Had a pleasant surprise during checkout to meet the hotels Guest Relation Manager Mr. Kishor who changed my mind and requested me to rethink and also made me stay back. Thereafter its been a great time and was taken care. A beautiful property, great rooms, lovely food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SANKARAN K

Dear SANKARAN K,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with me your review. I was very happy to read that Kishor was able to ease your concerns on this occasion.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was so impressed with the staff.
They couldnt do enough for us.
We had an issue initially that was resolved very quickly, and as a result of that, we were upgraded to the most prestigious suite available.
They were the best and I would highly recommend the hotel for its central position, fantastic food,
cleanliness and most helpful and caring staff.
It made our Easter one never to forget.

Room Tip: I think they are all fantastic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen C

Dear Helen C,
Thank you for sharing with me your wonderful review. I cannot begin to tell you how it warmed my heart to read your lovely comments and I am so glad to read that we were able to be a part of your fantastic Easter.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

The public spaces are good with an interesting mix of old and new. I have always found the staff to be good. Rooms are variable, with some seeming bigger than others. Amenities etc are all of appropriate quality for a business hotel. The only real issue is the location. It's kind of in between, neither on the river nor by the shops. Overall, good for business but not somewhere I would stay with a partner.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Grant N

Dear Grant N,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your thoughts, I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
With a tram stop at the front of the hotel and within walking distance to some of Melbourne's best restaurants and Docklands we feel that the New York end of Collins Street and the Rialto Precinct is a wonderful destination and i'm sorry on this occasion our location did not meet your needs.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

A friend and I stayed two weekend nights and, as an Intercontinental Ambassador, the expectations were high. As sometimes happens, a bad start at reception can raise the antennae for the rest of the stay. While we enjoyed many aspects of the hotel and generally the staff were capable, it was just the little things. Lack of Ambassadador recognition, both on arrival and in room, returning from a day out at 3.15pm to find the room still not serviced; as they say, we often disappoint the ones we care most about! Would I return? Maybe, however I've never found Intercontinental in Australia quites matches it's global peers. Grossi's adjoining restaurant is certainly worth a visit; book ahead!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PaulV019
InterConMelb, General Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear PaulV019,
Thank you for taking the time to share with me your review. I was disheartened to read that your stay was not the authentic and enriching experience that we strive to deliver all of our guests, in particular our InterContinental Ambassadors.
I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and I would like you to please contact me directly should you have the opportunity to return so that I may take care of your booking personally.
I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.