“Luxury but cold rooms”

Park Hyatt Melbourne
Ranked #10 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We booked into a suite on the church side. The room was well appointed. The marble bathroom and spa was excellent. The room service was very good. The telephone has a telephone. This use to be a Hyatt bright idea but these days is simply stupid. Everything in the room waa large except the fridge which was tiny The fridge waa filled to the maximum with Hyatt products This meant you were paying for a room that virtually comes with no fridge. The heating and cooling system also failed to keep us warm during the night. The system can only go to a maximum 28 degrees. The room became cold during the night and my patrner could not sleep. We called staff but all rooms were the same. We had to get extra blankets which amazingly are not kept in the room. It seems that the system may be set at min and max levels to save the hotel on money. When booking in the hotel the front of the hotel is a shambles of activity. The security and concierge are not very friendly or welcoming. First impressions of a hotel are important.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Genuinereviews2,

Thank you very much for taking the time and providing us with a review following your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback in relation to the stay and whilst I can see you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, I was very concerned when I read your feedback in relation to the air-conditioning and fridge in the room.
I hope that you still had a comfortable experience with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues in the maintenance department.

Genuinereviews2, thank you very much for your feedback and I appreciate your notes.

Brett Sweetman - Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,921)

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Park Hyatt offers friendly, individual service. The rooms are clean and quiet. The food is prepared fresh and the menu offers a variety of tastes. I highly recommend this place for a great experience!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear 148marilynd,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I appreciate your kind words in relation to the service and offerings and it appears that you had a pleasant stay with us.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another visit in the near future and thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Excellent amenities and world class service, the staff was caring and responded quickly to all my requests. The food selection in the restaurant for breakfast was superb and the dinner menu was limited but there was enough of a selection to choose from.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear ralph e,

I appreciate you taking the time and reviewing your recent visit to Melbourne.
I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us and it seems that we were able to create a memorable stay.
I thank you for your kind words in relation to the service and the meal offerings and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Had two very comfortable nights here. Stayed in a Club room which had a high standard of finish and furnishings.
My mini bar review gives it an 8/10
Bathroom 9/10 great bath to soak as well.
Bed 10/10
Television and movie options 9/10
Restaurant onsite for breakfast 9/10
Club lounge drinks 9/10
Club lounge evening food selection 7/10
Club lounge breakfast food selection 8/10
Club lounge staff Evelyn 10/10 goes above and beyond and with a smile.
Room service ordered was just a Club sandwich- always a good indicator of a hotels room service - spot on, chips crisp, condiments great and came to room in half time quoted when ordered it was a great small meal.
Cleanliness of hotel 10/10
Will go back no problem
One disappointment was Mr. Walker was away for the weekend so we missed meeting him.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rossandmichelle,

Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and it appears that most of the room amenities were to your liking.

I hope that you will be able to meet our hotel ambassador Mr Walker during your next visit and thank you again for your kind words and review.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The Park Hyatt in Melbourne has very spacious rooms which are beautifully appointed and enormous bathrooms. Beautiful views and my room had a magnificent view of St Patrick's Cathedral. I prefer the location to many other hotels as it has the benefit of access to not only the City attributes but the lovely nearby gardens.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear travellertim2017,

I appreciate you taking the time and providing me feedback following your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I am glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
It appears that all of the room amenities were to your liking and that you also enjoyed the location of the hotel.
travellertim2017, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back for another visit in the near future.