Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$103
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$109
  • Restaurant
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$121
US$199
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$132
US$111
US$250
Trip.com
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
4,757 results
All reviewsgreat locationblock arcadevalet parkingcentral locationbuffet breakfastthe heart of the citypillow menustandard roomfederation squareenjoyable stayan upgradetram stopcollinsatriumconciergeaccorlift
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Than you for your service we will be back for sure!!!!!!fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed for 4 nights in the Premier Room in late December, I did get a reasonable rate of $195 per night, but I would not stay in same room again.I have stayed at this hotel previously and had the cheaper priced standard room which overlooked the street, I would have preferred this again.
The corridor leading to my Premier room on the 14th floor was very dark, and as a solo female traveller, very off putting. The lights down one side of the ceiling did not seem to be turned on, some may see that as ambience, to me, it was eerie. They claim to have a king bed in the room, well mine was 2 beds joined together. The room includes complimentary bottled water and internet, I had to ask about both. On the first morning of my stay I put out the ‘Do not disturb’ sign as I would be back around lunchtime, and had done some hand washing in the bathroom sink. I returned to find housekeeping had just finished my room and the do not disturb sign was missing. I requested another one, and after a great deal of looking I was given one. I put it out the next day, housekeeping cleaned the room and the sign was missing again. On the final day I couldn’t put the sign out as I didn’t have one, but when I returned for the day, a sign was left in my room. Conveniently I left the next day. I don’t know why this happened, if it was just my room but it was very annoying. The view from the window overlooking the arcade was blocked by massive beams, so I had the blind down my entire stay. The staff were helpful, I arrived early in the morning and my room was available which was great, the location is brilliant I will admit, the designer lounge chair was lovely to sit in after a busy day touring/shopping, and it is nice to have an appropriate sized TV in a hotel room.
Overall, it wasn’t a great stay, I am undecided as to whether I would stay here again, but I know I would not choose the Premier Room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Because I appreciate detailed reviews this may be a long one!
Stayed in a Premier King Room (recently built)

Arrived at the hotel via skybus transfer (very handy only $16) and you get some special coupons with it too. Direct transfer to the door was great so no troubles finding the hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming.

1. Check in was fast and efficient. Would have appreciated some instruction to room inclusions and extra information eg. there is a pillow menu, bottled water is complimentary but only those in the mini bar, wireless internet is free but you need a code and you need to get a new code every 24 hours as it expires, the nespresso machine is free and you can call for complimentary fresh milk from room service. Neverthless no harm done – just know what you’re paying for so you can make the most of it.

2. Staff were absolutely delightful. Those at the front desk / reception were full of information and great ideas of where to eat, shop and relax. Extremely attentive and always had time to be answering questions even if it was busy. Happy to help us weigh our bags and store them after check out time.

3. Room service was satisfactory. Two days out of three it was great – room cleaned, requests for extra things met. One day however it didn’t seem the floor was cleaned, the extra padding we took off our bed and asked not to be put on was just left in the doorway and the switch for all the power in the room was turned off (not great when we left our camera charging to use that night). As another reviewer mentioned we did see a fair few dirty trays left in the hallway for extended periods but this didn’t bother us.

4. TV reception was poor. Very fuzzy and not many channels to choose from.

5. Minibar was adequate although not very cold

6. Nespresso machine was excellent although no milk warmer / frother was available so had to settle for cold milk which resulted in luke warm coffee. Nevertheless a very nice touch

7. Gym facilities were excellent with multiple cardio machines treadmills, stationary bikes, weights section with clear instructions (clean too). Pool and spa however was a different story – pool was disgusting. The water was so murky with countless ‘floaties’, walls/tiles around the pool area were dirty… rust or something else smeared on the wall – I don’t want to know. Spa was the same. Definitely requires an upgrade. Pool was ‘indoor’ in the sense it was indoors in the shopping centre area – was an open space with a balcony overlooking the centre. Not heated either. Most other rooms could also look into the pool/spa area. Unfortunate these facilities closed at 10pm – would have used the gym a lot more if open for longer hours.

8. Room was new and very clean. Lighting wasn't really efficient - although multiple lights room was quite dark even in the day time. Nice big mirrors. Bathroom was also nice and new and clean. Shower was excellent – large with good water pressure (apart from the fact the shower knob fell off but easy fixed). Would have liked if conditioner was provided (shampoo+conditioner was in one). Door was in a bit of an awkward position and hard for 2 people going in and out to be getting ready at the same time in the morning. Hair dryer was fantastic – very powerful don’t even bother bringing one! Pillow menu was great offering something for all preferences. First night sleep was absolutely horrible – bed was extra soft / squidgey however after realizing this was an extra add on to the mattress and removing it, sleep thereafter was fine. ‘King bed’ was nice and big but just two beds pushed together – think they put the padding mentioned above on the bed to disguise the middle join!

9. The couch/chair they rave on about in the description of the room was pretty much worth raving for. It was SO COMFORTABLE!

10. They had two MAC computers in the reception area with free internet. Understandably with the price of internet ($27 for the day) these were always taken / busy. There is also a printer there. Had to use the computer on the last day to check in online for our flight and print our boarding pass. After 2 seconds on the computer it froze and we had to reset it multiple times. The lady at the desk didn’t have any idea about MACs so we tried to figure it out ourselves. When it came to printing our boarding pass the printer was then not working so we just gave up. The staff member at the desk however did offer to print these from her computer which was very nice. Again, cannot fault the service.

11. Check out was fast and efficient. However during our stay we noticed we were charged for the free bottled water (you can check your bill on your TV) so I rang up and pointed this out and after some discussion they removed the charge. Upon check out it was again listed that we got charged for another bottle of water but upon pointing this out it the charge was removed. So keep an eye out for this!!

In summary, it was a pleasant stay. The new room was extremely clean, the location of the hotel was excellent and the staff were wonderful. Little things including the pool, spa and computers were a bit of a let down but not a big deal. We booked through accor and got lots of discount so it was good value for money. At full price however I may look around at some other hotel options…

Room Tip: Premier rooms have a view onto the shopping centre which was fine. Our room didn't have floor to ceiling windows as stated because it was a corner room. If you aren't a fan of walking ask for a room close to the lifts - can be quite a trek around the building.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jayd822
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear Jayd822,
Thank you for having stayed with us and for your post. Your detailed feedback is welcome by me as it helps me to find out what guests like and are not so fond off. All your feedback is taken on board and will be discussed with my Department Manager’s to look for improvement.
Thank you very much for mentioning how wonderful my team is and what you loved about the Hotel.
Regards,
Hayden Hughes

A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Weekend trip to Melbourne with family. Hotel was in great location withe everything within an easy stroll. The staff were friendly and efficient. Room was very comfortable and provided for all our needs. Have stayed at Novatel several times before and would do so again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family