Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$72
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$249
US$205
  • Pool
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$87
US$68
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$103
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$119
US$111
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$122
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
US$221
US$189
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

4,755 results
All reviewsgreat locationblock arcadevalet parkingcentral locationbuffet breakfastthe heart of the citypillow menustandard roomfederation squareenjoyable stayan upgradetram stopcollinsatriumconciergeaccorlift
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed here for two nights in a Queen room. I loved the pillow menu - definitely recommend having a look if you're not a big fan of the usual hotel pillows. There are a few good alternatives to choose from. The room was nice and clean.

The location is so handy for shops, and there's also a tram stop a few metres away.

Buffet breakfast was nice. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I enjoyed it. They also had a juice maker available so you could make your own freshly squeezed juice.

On leaving the hotel, the concierge staff were very helpful and helped get my luggage into my airport shuttle.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the pillow menu!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our organisation regularly uses ACCOR hotels the ALAEA has a large account at the Brighton le Sands Novotel and has had for over 10 years. I am also aLe Club member. Unfortunately on the day I had booked accommodation for in Melbourne Novotel Collins street I was called back to Sydney and did not stay at the Novotel Melbourne VIC. I was charged for the room anyway which is annoying, seeing that we are regular customers of the group I would have thought some sort of credit could have been arranged toward future accommodation? E.g. I'm travelling to Melbourne this Thursday and booked again with Novotel Collins Street.

Gary Norris

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for review. I have looked into your recent stay with us and you booked a prepaid non refundable rate. We have a variety of different rates available which might suit your travel needs and are flexible. As you will be staying with us this week, I am hoping we can meet up to see if we can discuss the options of a more suitable corporate rate for future stays at Novotel on Collins. Please ask for me upon your arrival.

Kind Regards,
Hayden Hughes

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Fantastic hotel, in what is an even better location. Our room overlooked 4 stories of shopping centre, right in the middle of Melbourne. You can walk to everything, and the meals at the restaurants in the surrounding area of the hotel are as good as you will get anywhere. The hotel and its staff are beautifully presented and can't do enough to help. Well done, and thank you. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Novotel on Collins is in an excellent location in the heart of the city. Nice quiet rooms. Very clean and spacious, Have stayed here several times and will stay again. Great friendly service. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I arrived about 1pm and was able to check in with no problems, the room was nice and there was a nice comfy chair with a foot stool which I could've slept on it was so comfortable.
One warning about the chair it had a wooden edging which I found sharp and I have numerous bruises on the backs of my legs from this chair.
I was in room 1128 and I found on Friday night that I could hear the thumping of music from somewhere which was a bit annoying.
I had no problem with the pillows but I did find the bed uncomfortable and woke up with a sore back the 2 nights I was there.

In the lift area to the room is also a circular stairway which leads down to the Australia Arcade but there is also a lift that you can use further around which will take you down to the arcade too.

The pool and spa looks nice but my partner and I found that it is a long walk around to get to there.

The buffet for breakfast was nice but I was turned off when I saw people using their fingers to take food items out of the trays instead of using the utensils.

I found that it doesn't matter what star rating accommodation place you stay at people still do not consider others in the rooms and still make a lot of noise to disturb others. Maybe when checking in people should be given a reminder to be considerate of others staying there.

Location is great with The Block Arcade a couple of doors down from the Novotel where you can find Haighs Chocolates and the Tea Rooms and across the road is Lindt Chocolates, unfortunately I didn't get the time to go through the Australia Arcade but I did find the food hall quite good.

The Novotel is in a very good location we stayed here as it was for my partner's birthday but I did find it a bit pricey.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple