Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$123
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$106
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$95
US$93
US$85
  • Bar/Lounge
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$109
  • Fitness centre
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$104
  • Room Service
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$105
  • Fitness centre
US$252
US$180
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$98
  • Pool
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$159
  • Breakfast included
3,250 results
All reviewshq restaurantvictoria marketa business class roomtop floorpark viewfree tramfree wifipillow menuexcellent hotelshort walkbusiness tripenjoyable staybuffet breakfastvalet parkingtram stoppublic transportconcierge
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This review is for room 803 overlooking Flagstaff Gardens. I arrived a little before noon and assumed my room would not be ready until 2pm. Initially that was the case, but I was checked in and they gave me a key for the rooftop gym where I could shower - wonderful after flying in from San Francisco via Auckland! By the time I was done, my room was ready and they had taken my luggage to the room. Fantastic service.

The rooftop gym is small but adequate has a spa as well as a deck which overlooks the garden and the CBD to the south (it is not handicap accessible as there is a flight of stairs up to it). Location is wonderful, not right in the noisy downtown. One block to the north is the wonderful Queen Victoria market, one block south is the free tram that circles the CBD. Regarding the internet I did have some problems using Skype a few times, but generally the internet worked well and allowed me to connect my laptop, iPad and iPhone (two concurrently). With most places (including the airport - WTF?) charging outrageous fees, this is very welcome (also found good free internet in the Queen Victoria Market food court). The room is large, updated, IKEA-type as others have said. Some scratches on the furniture that could use some attention, but nothing horrible. Comfortable bed. I liked that the bathtub is big enough for my large body which was welcome after a day walking the city.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms have a nice view and you can watch the sunset.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We have been good customers of the Radisson hotels, with stayings in Copenhagen, Antwerpen, Sydney, Canberra, Hamburg, and now recently Melbourne. Indeed my wife and I had booked a night at the Radisson in Melbourne with view on the garden (park) with a business class feature, meaning additional amenities such as refreshing the room by hotel staff in the evening, etc.,Although we paid for that business class feature, none of the promised services were provided. Very poor service by the hotel staff with no attention whatsoever to customer needs. hen qe mentionned this out our check-out, the reception clerk just apologised but did nothing to say that he would remedy the situation. He simply did not care. Additionally the breakfastwas also poor with terrible coffee. While the bed itself was comfortable and the view on the park was also satisfactory the room furniture was damaged and worne out. Globally speaking we have been very disappointed by this Radisson hotel in Melbourne and WE DO NOT RECOMMEND IT as no attention whatsoever was given too our needs. Additionally, last but not least, the wifi works very slowly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pvspims
ALoGiusto, Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson on your recent visit to Melbourne.

I apologise that you did not receive the evening turn down service that is a feature of our Business Class rooms; I have personally followed this up with the team to ensure that this does not happen again.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and look forward to sharing your rating and comments with my team. I hope that we will see you again when you are next in town.

Regards

Anthony LoGiusto

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This was my 4th or 5th stay at the hotel - it has a great location and I collect points with Radisson. However, one of the reasons I choose this hotel most times I'm in Melbourne is that it gives free internet - whereas other places in the city charge upwards of $25 per day. Ironically, though, it was their internet service (or lack of it) that spoiled my most recent trip. I had 3 colleagues staying at the same time and we all agreed that Noah probably enjoyed speedier internet on his ark. I was there 4 nights and in the end just gave up trying to do anything of real value on t'interweb. I mentioned this to the front desk and they said they'd recently 'upgraded' their TV and internet service. Shame they did that because the service used to be great. I'll be back in the city in May but will have to think carefully about where to stay instead.

Room Tip: Business rooms on the 10th floor are great - so long as you don't need to be online! Views of the Flagstaff Gardens are wonderful, though if you're a light sleeper who heads to bed early (I'm not) then you might be distracted by the ref's whistle from the netball/basketball court in the park - they play with floodlights and so keep going until late.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jabulani4
ALoGiusto, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

We have recently installed a state of the art internet system for all of our guest rooms. Whilst there have been some issues with connectivity, these are casued by individual company firewalls and easily overcome by contacting the toll free support number provided in the room.

Regards

Anthony LoGiusto

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Friendly welcome, nice room, small gym but it was empty so it was big enough, sauna was great, spa and gym overlook flagstaff gardens. We loved it.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank DavePapp
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you stay in a lot of Radissons, you know that the decor is generally stark, modern, and Scandinavian, or if you don't like to play with words, it's IKEA. Comfortable enough, functional, and nothing wrong with it, but inevitably leaves you feeling just a bit, well, flat.

But if that doesn't bother you, the staff here is perhaps the best I've encountered anywhere (and I travel 40 weeks a year!) Not dotingly condescending like that of an overpiced five star property, just actually happy and interested in providing good service and making sure you as a guest feel comfortable and have all your needs met. The location is convenient for the price, and the view of Flagstaff Gardens (which none of my Melbourne contacts were familiar with, oddly) is quite nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business