“Great hotel for a business trip”

Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
Ranked #9 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 August 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
CF-RADMELB, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My daughter and I used this hotel as a base to spend a weekend in Melbourne and local areas. If you catch the Skybus to get into Melbourne the hotel is located within easy walking distance from Southern Cross Station, even with a suitcase. All staff were helpful and had genuine smiles on their faces. I appreciated the bottle of water provided each day and the opportunity to choose a pillow from their pillow menu. We had room service for tea both nights and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We walked each day into the city centre easily and caught local transport wherever we wanted to go. Room was clean and the shower was lovely. You could hear a bit of noise from the next room but you get that in a hotel. I would recommend the Radisson as a very good place to stay and would be very happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a view and got a view of the park and the melbourne star
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
CF-RADMELB, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Julee,

Thank you for the great review and your recommendations to our TripAdvisor readers, I am delighted to see that you and your daughter enjoyed your Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens experience. Thank you for your kind words about our service and staff, I am happy to hear you enjoyed our pillow menu and room service from our restaurant HQ's on William, I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens for your stay in Melbourne and on behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back in the near future for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The staff were extremely polite and helpful, aswell as this the rooms were well cleaned/ maintained and were very modern. The location is perfect as it is right in the heart of the city, therefore public transport is easily accessible if trips to suburbs or other parts of Melbourne is required.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sid,

Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor and positive feedback about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens experience. Thank you for your praise of the genuine care and personalized services provided by our staff, I will share your comments with our team.

On behalf of our entire team at Radisson we thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have reviewed this hotel before and said many great things, especially my loving the breakfast, including Mario the Manager, the water cooler in the lobby - full of citrus slices and ice, and the overall super hospitality by all the Radisson staff. You feel like a welcomed and valued client. I have also previously added that while the parkside location is good for enjoying the green space and sunsets, and it is handy to QV market, the location has been a little out of the CBD. Not now. The Flagstaff station which used to close on the weekends is now fully operational and part of the city loop. Trams go to everywhere from a stop 50m outside (OK you may have to change lines somewhere). If you can walk, the CBD is actually not far. Melbourne Central is the next stop on the train. Now there is no reason not to chose the Radisson as I will continue to do - and I see from this latest stay, so do many airlines for their crews. That might be because its easy access to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Linda J
CF-RADMELB, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you for the great review and your recommendations to our TripAdvisor readers, I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to praise the genuine care and personalized services provided by our staff and the Hotel overall.

Thank you again for your continued loyalty to Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens and on behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I come to Melbourne for work every week and always ask my company to book me in here. I'm greeted with a warm welcome after a long day and look forward to heading to the restaurant where the likes of Sri and Mohit will explain to me what's on the menu tonight, where the food is sourced from, and how to pair it with the right wine. The people make the difference here. Thank you very much for being consistently great.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
CF-RADMELB, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor and positive feedback about your recent stay. I am thrilled to see that you continue to enjoy your experience when you come to stay at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens. Thank you for your praise of the genuine care and personalized services provided by our staff, I will share your feedback with our team, especially Sri and Mohit.

Thank you again for continuing to choose to stay at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens when travelling for work and on behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable stay!