Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$109
  • Pool
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$166
US$114
  • Pool
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$120
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$75
US$68
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$163
US$122
  • Room Service
US$89
US$83
  • Bar/Lounge
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$111
US$209
US$190
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I travel a lot and I understand that for the price I pay I cant expect much but the standard of this place is lower than a public toilet!!! When I asked for refund because I didn't wanted to stay there as the place is too dirty (They have given me a bed with big stain mixed with blood in urine on it... but It's not only about the bed as they changed it for me all this place is so so dirty) staff just told me that its impossible because of their strict refund policy!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
7  Thank natalka_natkaniec
Reviewed 26 August 2016

The place is very dirty. They don't have cleaning staff, they have some young people doing it in exchange for living there. We went in winter and we were freezing. No heating system. The only good thing is that it was very well located, close to the bus and train station.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good one.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gabriela T
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I'm currently sat in the warm eating the free popcorn, watching a classic movie and laughing with the friendly staff...obviously I am NOT at the Melbourne Connection Hostel!!! Arrived to a key that didn't work without 'give it a wiggle', a guest who was stoned out his head, dirty mattress, stinky sheets, broken bed and piss/sick/poo/sputum toilet (I could hear from the room), charge for extra blankets in the freezing, noisy room! After the rudest/business ignorant member of staff I've ever met tried to charge us more the next day we checked out! The only positive... It is opposite a delightful hostel (King st. Backpackers) in which we are now staying! #salvationatlast

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The rooms were dirty and smelly. Toilets were even more dirtier, i ended up taking a new hotel as i was not able to sleep in the room, the linen and blankets were not washed at all.
Staff was very rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank 22ssach
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Before booking a room in this place, I should have first read the reviews. This is absolutely the worst hostel that I've ever lived in. The first day I was there, as I passed by the kitchen, I noticed that it was filthy and smelly but as I was only planning on using the bedroom, I ignored it. Unfortunately, even the bedrooms are subpar. The room was so noisy that I couldn't even sleep. I checked out the next day (I booked the place for a week) but was told that they have a no refund policy which is not right, especially for a place that is not fit for purpose. I plan to take this matter up with the Consumer Affairs of Victoria. Avoid like the plague.

Stayed: June 2016