“Awfully place to be in”

and 1 more site!
The Melbourne Connection
Ranked #133 of 156 Speciality Lodging in Melbourne
A TripAdvisor Member
Stenungsund, Sweden
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We booked a dubbel room, and yes it was a dubbel bed. One dirty sheet two pillows, we got a blanket from the reception, when we checked in, because it can be cold in the night. One blanket for one person. The room was very dirty. We had to sleep in our cloths. The kitchen was disgusting, dirty every where, toilets was full, you could end flush it. And I went up to boil some water in the middle of the night, I got company of a 4 legs animal eating from the pot on the stove. Never ever again this room cost me 70 dollars. No sleeping at Al this night

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I travel a lot and I understand that for the price I pay I cant expect much but the standard of this place is lower than a public toilet!!! When I asked for refund because I didn't wanted to stay there as the place is too dirty (They have given me a bed with big stain mixed with blood in urine on it... but It's not only about the bed as they changed it for me all this place is so so dirty) staff just told me that its impossible because of their strict refund policy!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank natalka_natkaniec
Reviewed 26 August 2016

The place is very dirty. They don't have cleaning staff, they have some young people doing it in exchange for living there. We went in winter and we were freezing. No heating system. The only good thing is that it was very well located, close to the bus and train station.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good one.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gabriela T
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I'm currently sat in the warm eating the free popcorn, watching a classic movie and laughing with the friendly staff...obviously I am NOT at the Melbourne Connection Hostel!!! Arrived to a key that didn't work without 'give it a wiggle', a guest who was stoned out his head, dirty mattress, stinky sheets, broken bed and piss/sick/poo/sputum toilet (I could hear from the room), charge for extra blankets in the freezing, noisy room! After the rudest/business ignorant member of staff I've ever met tried to charge us more the next day we checked out! The only positive... It is opposite a delightful hostel (King st. Backpackers) in which we are now staying! #salvationatlast

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The rooms were dirty and smelly. Toilets were even more dirtier, i ended up taking a new hotel as i was not able to sleep in the room, the linen and blankets were not washed at all.
Staff was very rude and unhelpful.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo