“Delicious soup and a generous cause ”
Review of the Soup Place

the Soup Place
Ranked #425 of 4,452 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Hot and tasty soup that also contributes to filling the bellies of the homeless. Loved it. Loved the soup. Loved the concept. Even while eating my soup saw four homeless come and get their free soup.
Friendly, cheerful staff as well.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Came here years ago and had to come back, multiple times. Great hearty soups and baguettes. I love the idea of pay it forward, you spend some and you give some.. Highly recommend, especially on a cold winters day.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

At first I was attracted by $3 baguettes. Try and beat that price elsewhere in a big city. I got the chicken schnitzel, toasted, which was perfectly tasty, if not gourmet. But I gladly paid a donation of $3.50 for a bowl of soup to be given to a homeless person, along with my good wishes. Great concept and all In A Rush cafes in Melbourne participate.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We happened upon this soup stall while on vacation in July. I ate the Moroccan soup on recommendation from the vendor. It was the best soup I have ever tasted. So flavourful. It just happens to be a bonus factor that the soup place donates soup to the homeless through a pay it forward program. ❤️

Reviewed 27 March 2017

In a laneway, we have been looking at this place for years when in Melbourne.

We finally tried a couple of soups and found them a bit stodgy. Maybe in the depths of winter, they could have more flavour but they do have other things that maybe worth a try. However there is so much really good food around we wouldnt go back.