“What an experience!”

Ranked #142 of 4,321 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I was here to have dinner and was really pleased. You can taste something completely different than the mainstream Chinese restaurants offer.

With a modern look and ambient it has a lot to offer, we went with the five course menu which is decided by the chef and he nailed it. They were able to adapt to my girlfriend's taste, she doesn't eat spicy food (but I do).

Nice flavour combinations, the handmade tofu, chilli wonton, bao bao, duck in master stock... Everything was delicious.

The staff was attentive and friendly. I could say they really took care of us, they even helped us choose a wine to suit our meals.

I totally recommend this restaurant if you want to try something new and exciting. Hope you like it as well.

1  Thank Simón H

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Perfect for our pre concert light dinner, RuYi is smart, traditional yet contemporary. We loved the vegetarian selection ... the dumplings and eggplant dishes were standout.
Thank you to the staff and owners who have achieved a great balance of atmosphere, service, and warm welcome. This will be our 'go to' restaurant at the top end of town!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We went on a busy Saturday night and as there were only two of us we appeared to get lost in the crowd. There were several large tables of 8 or more (that turned over to 8 more while we were there) which seemed to take all of the staff's attention. We had to ask on a couple of occasions for our glasses of wine and water to be refilled. We ordered a pre dinner drink and asked for a bottle of wine with our food. No sooner were our cocktails served than out came our entrees as well. Messed up our enjoyment of the drinks.
I let the wait staff know that we were felling neglected in our little corner. They were apologetic and as we got up to leave in frustration they came running out with a free dessert. I took my jacket and scarf off to sit back down, but wasn't worth it.
Manage your expectations if you eat here.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I have yet to be disappointed by the food. Options are fantastic particularly the egg plant. Needs some work on the atmosphere. Decor could do with something more

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Tucked away off a small alleyway off Little Bourke street, this place is a hidden gem. Beautiful atmosphere.
The staff were so lovely and inviting. We had the 5-course set menu, and loved every element. Quite a great deal for only $49.00 per person! If you're feeling adventurous would definitely recommend,