Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$109
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$121
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$68
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$96
  • Fitness centre
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$122
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$111
US$89
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$121
Novotel
US$235
US$203
Priceline
  • Pool
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$61
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

All reviewsheart of china townwashing machinebedroom spa apartmentcohen placepunt hillchinese museumgreat locationchinese new yearher majesty's theatresmall balconyserviced dailysofa bedstay there againcentral locationlaundry facilitiesbrick walllane way
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed here twice in rapid succession for work, spread amongst three rooms on the 1st, 4th and 5th floors. I therefore feel I have an intimate relationship with a Little Bourke.

The hotel’s location is somewhat discrete, squeezed between Lonsdale Street and Little Bourke Street at the eastern end of the CBD. Cohen Street (the formal frontage) spans between these two roads but looks more like a wide cobblestoned pedestrian way and for the most part that’s what it is. I propose it be renamed Vampire Alley as people just do not stop appearing at all hours of the night. It is directly opposite the Chinese museum in the heart of Chinatown.

First impressions are that the foyer is compact and relatively unremarkable. Though what it may lack in aesthetics it makes up for with friendly, front desk staff. Check in was relatively prompt.

The hallways on each floor are a little dark and dreary but fortunately my Buffalo Bill issued night vision goggles had me comfortably seeking out Special Agent Starling. Being serviced apartments there is often an array of aromas in these hallways. Though I found the inhabitants to be stand offish on each occasion I tried to invite myself to dinner.

I had a one bedroom ‘studio’ type apartment, with sliding doors closing off the bed from the living area. The room is adequately sized for two people. Though there was a sofa bed in every room I suspect wardrobe space would be lacking for more than two. My bloodhound lineage could at times detect the scent of cigarettes in one of the rooms though this is no fault of the hotel as ash trays are provided on balconies.

I found the beds to be very soft though in spite of the vampires, raccoons, garbage trucks, renditions of 99 bottles of beer on the wall and a 40 yo bladder I still slept ok.

Cooking facilities are adequate. I made full use of one bowl, one glass and a toaster. Travellers tip - do not buy cafe style bread. The microwave did however take me too long to figure out. Leaving manuals in a cupboard would be good. Though I guess we all have Google now!

Bathrooms are ok though I had one room with a slow leak that had the cistern refilling every 15 mins. A washer and dryer can be found behind the bathroom door. Supplies are replenished daily per usual even though I suspect housekeeping was onto my hoarding of soaps.

The rooms have complimentary, but unsecured WiFi. I could therefore not continue my Anonymous hacking attacks on the Dear Leader and instead restricted my entertainment to standard visiting of YouTube Fail videos.

I generally look for a nice gym when travelling though I’m often at the mercy of my employer. The hotel has a 10m lap pool, an exercise bike that suits a generously proportioned derrière and a rack of dumbbells. It is open between the hours of 7am and 8pm which I feel does not suit people staying on business.

This hotel is right in the middle of the entertainment / dining precinct. It has much to see on your doorstep. I’ve read of many complaining about the noise. There is noise and it seemed no better or worse on the 1st vs 5th floors. Eventually you stop focusing on it and turn your attention to the cistern!

Jokes aside I’m more than happy to stay here again anytime my work sends me back. I hope to one day get invited in for dinner. What I do believe is missing is the standard hard copy of hotel amenities.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
PunthillManager, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear michaelv976,

Thank you for your very entertaining and very detailed review!

Punthill Little Bourke is located in the vibrant China Town area which is always full of life and everything is practically on our doorstep!

We will certainly follow up all issues you mention.

We do have mattress toppers on our beds which are supposed to make you feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. We do however understand that everyone’s level of comfort is different and we can very easily remove the topper. Next time you make a reservation, please advise that you do not wish to have the topper on your bed and we will have it removed prior to your arrival.

When you have a moment please visit our website and join our Punthill Rewards program. Once you have joined, you will receive a code which will enable you to access our best available rates, enjoy member priority access to all sale events and you will have free wifi for all future stays.

We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This quaint little apartment hotel is situated on the edge of China Town and central for everything. The Cricket ground is only a 10/15 minute walk away, as is the tennis. The apartment itself was very comfortable and had everything needed for a relaxing time. The staff are more than helpful, and have plenty of of advice on local amenities. There is plenty to see within walking distance or on the free city tram.Puffin' Billy (Narrow Gage Railway) and The Great Ocean Road is worth a trip.

Room Tip: The better rooms are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
PunthillManager, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Steve D,

Thank you for your review of Punthill Little Bourke.

The team at the property will be delighted that you had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel and great location in CBD and China Town. Staff are very helpful as always in Melbourne, the number 1 city in the world. Would recommend this location anytime. Easy to get into this great city from here.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Calvin M,

Thank you for your review of Punthill Little Bourke.

Our property is in an excellent location within Chinatown in the CBD - everything is practically on our doorstep!

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to stay again.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This was my second time back to Punthill Little Bourke apartments and again it was are fantastic. Great value, location and facilities. Everything you could ask for. Chinatown was busy even though it was Christmas and was walking distance to all the key city attractions. Room was very quiet with kitchen facilities as well as a laundry. I will be coming back each time I am in Melbourne

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Emma N,

Thank you for your review – this is exactly what we love to hear.

When you have a moment please visit our website and join our Punthill Rewards program. We would be more than happy to sign you up if this is something that you would prefer us to do for you. Once you have joined, you will receive a code which will enable you to access our best available rates, enjoy member priority access to all sale events and you will have free wifi for all future stays

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Great location, friendly, helpful staff. We were holidaying with our granddaughter and having kitchen and washine machine facilities in room was a bonus. However, additional pull out bed was saggy and uncomfortable, air conditioning unit on roof of adjacent building was noisy and, although pool was good, it was really only big enough for one person to swim in. Having said that, we enjoyed our stay but would probably look elsewhere next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Louise T,

Punthill Little Bourke is located in the vibrant China Town area which is always full of life, activity and delicious eateries. We are pleased you generally enjoyed your stay, however disappointed to learn that the property did not quite meet your expectations. We have three other CBD properties that you may like to try on a future visit.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with Punthill again.