Punthill Little Bourke
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$107
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$105
US$70
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$94
  • Pool
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$102
  • Fitness centre
The Langham, Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$161
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$58
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

All reviewswashing machineheart of china townbedroom spa apartmentcohen placepunt hillchinese museumgreat locationchinese new yearher majesty's theatresmall balconyserviced dailysofa bedstay there againlaundry facilitiescentral locationbrick walllane way
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Location could not be better. Tea House Restaurant right in the lobby, right in the center of China town around the corner from Her Majesty's Theater. Jodie the manager on duty was magnificent, she bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we wanted.

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
PunthillManager, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Johncorowa,

Thank you for your review of Punthill Little Bourke. Jodie, Rod and the team will be so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Our property is in an excellent location within Chinatown in the CBD - everything is practically on our doorstep!

When you have a moment please visit our website and join our Punthill Rewards program. Once you have joined, you will receive a code which will enable you to access our best available rates, enjoy member priority access to all sale events and you will have free wifi for all future stays.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to stay again.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Personalized, friendly service from start to finish. Clean, pleasant and attractive rooms right in the center of Chinatown. Everything was close! We had an "adjoining suite" that wasn't really adjoined, but just ask beforehand what you need.

Dakota at the front desk was super helpful too!

We had a wonderful stay - thank you!!!

Room Tip: If you want adjoining rooms, be sure to clarify. Their adjoining rooms share a hallway.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear ptr_pas,

Thank you for your review. Punthill Little Bourke is located in the vibrant China Town area which is always full of life. Great shopping, delicious eateries and the eclectic theatre district are all at your doorstep.

The team will be thrilled to know that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Friendly staff, nice clean rooms and right in Chinatown and the city. Walking distance to many attractions. We were hear mistakenly for the Chinese New year. Although a little rowdy at times, we thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear grassrootsman,

Thank you for your review of Punthill Little Bourke.

Our property is in an excellent location within Chinatown in the CBD - everything is practically on our doorstep... even the Chinese new Year celebrations - which are always bright, colourful and amazing .

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to stay again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed here twice in rapid succession for work, spread amongst three rooms on the 1st, 4th and 5th floors. I therefore feel I have an intimate relationship with a Little Bourke.

The hotel’s location is somewhat discrete, squeezed between Lonsdale Street and Little Bourke Street at the eastern end of the CBD. Cohen Street (the formal frontage) spans between these two roads but looks more like a wide cobblestoned pedestrian way and for the most part that’s what it is. I propose it be renamed Vampire Alley as people just do not stop appearing at all hours of the night. It is directly opposite the Chinese museum in the heart of Chinatown.

First impressions are that the foyer is compact and relatively unremarkable. Though what it may lack in aesthetics it makes up for with friendly, front desk staff. Check in was relatively prompt.

The hallways on each floor are a little dark and dreary but fortunately my Buffalo Bill issued night vision goggles had me comfortably seeking out Special Agent Starling. Being serviced apartments there is often an array of aromas in these hallways. Though I found the inhabitants to be stand offish on each occasion I tried to invite myself to dinner.

I had a one bedroom ‘studio’ type apartment, with sliding doors closing off the bed from the living area. The room is adequately sized for two people. Though there was a sofa bed in every room I suspect wardrobe space would be lacking for more than two. My bloodhound lineage could at times detect the scent of cigarettes in one of the rooms though this is no fault of the hotel as ash trays are provided on balconies.

I found the beds to be very soft though in spite of the vampires, raccoons, garbage trucks, renditions of 99 bottles of beer on the wall and a 40 yo bladder I still slept ok.

Cooking facilities are adequate. I made full use of one bowl, one glass and a toaster. Travellers tip - do not buy cafe style bread. The microwave did however take me too long to figure out. Leaving manuals in a cupboard would be good. Though I guess we all have Google now!

Bathrooms are ok though I had one room with a slow leak that had the cistern refilling every 15 mins. A washer and dryer can be found behind the bathroom door. Supplies are replenished daily per usual even though I suspect housekeeping was onto my hoarding of soaps.

The rooms have complimentary, but unsecured WiFi. I could therefore not continue my Anonymous hacking attacks on the Dear Leader and instead restricted my entertainment to standard visiting of YouTube Fail videos.

I generally look for a nice gym when travelling though I’m often at the mercy of my employer. The hotel has a 10m lap pool, an exercise bike that suits a generously proportioned derrière and a rack of dumbbells. It is open between the hours of 7am and 8pm which I feel does not suit people staying on business.

This hotel is right in the middle of the entertainment / dining precinct. It has much to see on your doorstep. I’ve read of many complaining about the noise. There is noise and it seemed no better or worse on the 1st vs 5th floors. Eventually you stop focusing on it and turn your attention to the cistern!

Jokes aside I’m more than happy to stay here again anytime my work sends me back. I hope to one day get invited in for dinner. What I do believe is missing is the standard hard copy of hotel amenities.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear michaelv976,

Thank you for your very entertaining and very detailed review!

Punthill Little Bourke is located in the vibrant China Town area which is always full of life and everything is practically on our doorstep!

We will certainly follow up all issues you mention.

We do have mattress toppers on our beds which are supposed to make you feel as if you are sleeping on a cloud. We do however understand that everyone’s level of comfort is different and we can very easily remove the topper. Next time you make a reservation, please advise that you do not wish to have the topper on your bed and we will have it removed prior to your arrival.

We certainly look forward to being able to welcome you back to stay again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This quaint little apartment hotel is situated on the edge of China Town and central for everything. The Cricket ground is only a 10/15 minute walk away, as is the tennis. The apartment itself was very comfortable and had everything needed for a relaxing time. The staff are more than helpful, and have plenty of of advice on local amenities. There is plenty to see within walking distance or on the free city tram.Puffin' Billy (Narrow Gage Railway) and The Great Ocean Road is worth a trip.

Room Tip: The better rooms are on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
PunthillManager, Guest Relations Manager at Punthill Little Bourke, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Steve D,

Thank you for your review of Punthill Little Bourke.

The team at the property will be delighted that you had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.