“Nice rooftop bar in Melbourne”
Review of Goldilocks Bar

Goldilocks Bar
Ranked #1,067 of 4,400 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Bar
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

After a full day of walking around Melbourne, we discovered this rooftop bar thanks to one of the many guides of Melbourne, and it's a really nice place to sit there at the open space, breath the city and have some relaxing drinks. Service was good and the prices are in the range of what you find at any bar in Melbourne/Australia.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Wow so worth a return trip, loved the cocktails choices. Our barmen was so helpful and knew his product, he made the experience from just a visit to a bar to adding it to the list for next time we are in Melbourne. Also you MUST get the dumplings they were absolutely delicious! And take the time to watch the chefs make noodles and dumplings at the Noodle Restaurant downstairs in the little corner window. Very Impressed.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Not impressed with the service from both people serving in here tonight, we were yelled at twice (once for going to the bar because nobody mentioned it was table service)
They also have no beer on tap
They have heaters but they don't turn them on
Walked in and walked out, this place is hopeless I won't be back..

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I have been for evening drinks here a couple of times, and it's a nice place. It is up the stairs from House of Correction bar, which you access via a lift from street level.

The staff are really nice and helpful, and provide table service. The bar is outdoors (covered), and some seats have nice views of the CBD. It is reasonably small and gets busy, especially on a Friday evening in my experience, but is a relaxed, cosy place for a drink and there are a number of tables. There are portaloos (not as awful as they sound!) on the Goldilocks level, or the toilet down by House of Correction.

I recommend this place for an enjoyable drink (prices are about average for CBD) with a view of the CBD.

1  Thank Jen R
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Visited Goldilocks for the first time yesterday and I know I've discovered a hidden gem: friendly staff offering table service, good drinks selection, some tasty food options and a great atmosphere.
I'll definitely be back and I'll be bringing more friends with me.

1  Thank MysterySteve