All reviews higher floor late check central location fantastic location tram
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Positives- Staff were awesome, nice, friendly, full of local knowledge and very helpful. The location is awesome, you are only a short 2 minute walk from the nearest tram stop which is apart of the free Melbourne tram circle. The room was clean and tidy and had everything we needed.
Our first night of stay was a Thursday, we had a goodnight sleep and woke refreshed (this is important to note as it is relevant with the next negative notes).

Negative - There is a nightclub directly down stairs! On Friday night they finished at 3.30am (which you are so so thankful when you hear that LAST song played cause you realise you might actually be able to fit in 3-4hrs sleep!) But wait for it... Saturday night finished at 5am which meant for NO sleep :(

In the hotels defence - I did read the reviews therefore I knew about the nightclub before booking. I am a heavy sleeper and would generally sleep through anything therefore I though a bit of music wouldn't be too bad...I was wrong.... I should have just dragged the mattress onto the dancefloor lol. When I walked into the bathroom the showerscreen was rattling from the bass! The staff do offer earplugs (unfortunately, even sleeping with earplugs won't help) and gave me a late checkout. They were really nice, even though I'm sure they have to contend with complaints every weekend they were always smiling :)

Overall, I would stay again however I would make sure it was only on a week day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

To be totally honest we have stayed in literally hundreds of rooms and this was by far the noisiest. Room was quiet good,clean with hot shower and comfy bed. Pillows a little hard but good value for money. Whilst we acknowledge the nightclub on 2nd floor the room offered no noise reduction at all. Both agreed worst hotel stay we've ever had and ironically we stayed for work so we wouldn't be fatigued!!! Staff were friendly and we didn't complain but honestly they should only rent rooms to drunken clubbers on the weekend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Nice clean rooms, very comfortable bed, location good.
Definitely ask for a higher floor on a Friday and Saturday nights due to the night clubs in the lower part of the building, we stayed on the 6th floor which was good. Allow extra dollars for parking, they state that they have parking but don’t state that it’s a public car park at an extra cost.
Don’t waste money on breakfast, it’s a little cafe across the road and on a Sunday it closed so you get a breakfast in a box - cereal, milk, juice box and fruit..
For the price paid to stay would stay again, but would definitely not pay full price to stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew A
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I read a lot of bad reviews about this hotel before going especially with regard to the noise. But I think it’s clearly mentioned that during the weekends the noise level from the club down stairs will be an issue.
We stayed on a weekend and to be honest it wasn’t too bad. If you’ve had an active day you’re pretty drained by the end to notice. The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is excellent and convenient. There’s even a 24x7 convenience store just outside the hotel. 100 AUD deposit was taken and refunded on checkout. You cannot beat the price for the quality and convenience of the room you get.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Decided to book this hotel as part of a deal on Wotif. Two days before we were due to arrive in Melbourne, I read on the hotel website that a nightclub was located somewhere on the premises, and the rooms experienced elevated noise levels over the weekend - and they weren't kidding about that! Had to sleep through some awful DJ-ing - and I mean REALLY awful, with the cheesy "put yo hands up" lines - on the Friday and Saturday nights we were there, but managed somehow to fall asleep. The bed was pretty soft though, and my husband complained of back pain. The room itself was pretty spacious and clean, though the shower head was awful - poor water pressure and couldn't be adjusted, which meant I had to use a shower cap if I wanted to shower but didn't want to wash my hair. The staff at reception were nice enough though, and provided us with a spare hairdryer when the one in our bathroom didn't work. I would probably stay here again if I were in Melbourne during the week, and check out before that awful DJ comes back over the weekend!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here over the weekend, opt for even-numbered rooms as they don't face the nightclub
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple